Tuesday, February 06, 2007


All is peaceful and quiet on the homefront today....I finished the last of the laundry, and all the extra cleaning from yesterday's mishap....the septic man was here...did his pumping...took him about an hour...turns out that his wife was with him helping out...and I knew her from my high school days...we talked the whole time about what different people were doing now....and about our grandchildren....the typical girl talk...it sure is a small world sometimes...especially when you live in a small town...when I went to high school (ElDorado High) there were only 2 high schools for the whole county (ElDorado and Ponderosa). My Dad also graduated from ElDorado High in the 30's....as well as my aunt...and my cousins. A guy that I went to school with since the 6th grade owns the Hardware Store....I remember he gave me a "mushy" valentine card one year...and every time I go into his hardware store and see him I think of that card! It was the "first" really mushy valentine card I got...it said "Sweetheart" on the front... I remember I was sooooo embarrassed..my face still gets red when I see him....I think I still have that card put away somewhere in a box....anyway...that's how it is when you live in the same little town for a long time...although it's not THAT "LITTLE" any more...they are building new roads everywhere...new freeway off and on ramps...and instead of only 2 high schools now there are at least 4 or 5...I've lost track.
Andy just got home from work...we are doing the last few little chores outside before the rain comes in...it's supposed to rain for the next five to six days! YIPPEE!!!! We need it!
I felt like doing something....JUST ANYTHING in the studio today...I did the little birthday fairy above...for all the Feb. birthday people!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

So glad to see it has settled down for you and returned to normal. I remember those boys and the hardware store. One of the boys was my age and oh I had a crush, big time on him. Can't think of the name now. But they were handsome young boys for sure. Big eyes I remember.

The angel is gorgeous Vicci, should it need a home I'd be ever so happy to receive it for my up and coming birthday. Yes that is the sound of me begging. LOL

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see you survived yesterday's septic catastrophe. It's cool that out of that whole mess, you got the wonderful and unexpected experience of connecting with some people from your high school and how that, in turn, led you to have those nostalgic moments.

I can't tell you how much I envy you growing up in a small town and living in the same town where you grew up. I think there must be special bonds between people whose families have been there for generations. Although it might cause you a blush when you walk into the hardware store, I think you are very blessed! But then I'm an incurable small-town girl myself who happens to be momentarily geographically challenged by living in "the big city."

Loved the birthday fairy. I don't have a February birthday, but my brother's is the 27th, so thank you on his behalf!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I have a February birthday Vicci, so thank you. She is lovely...
BTW, I'll be 29...
LOL

6:59 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

It's good to hear your plumbing problems are behind you and things are getting back to normal. I love the fairy. She's the perfect Birthday Fairy for February.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I am so happy to hear that all that is behind you. I also live in a small town. You do know everyone and it does seem like a huge family. When something happens we all come together and do what needs to be done and some!! It is a good feeling.

i also have a February Birthday!! She is beautiful!! Thank You Vicci!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am so glad everything has been sorted out...and what a coincidence that you know the wife. It used to be like that around here, I grew up in this town, but so many have now moved on that it's rare I bump in to people I went to school with...plus the place has grown way out of hand.
Your area is so much more REAL small town - even with all the building that's going on.
Love your angel, she's perfectly lovely...as are you my friend.
XOXO

11:54 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

So glad the septics back in shape & how nice that you got to catch up with an old friend!
Your February angel is beautiful, Vicci.
You really are a never-ever ending source of amazement!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License