Sunday, January 28, 2007


Another fabric 4x4 for Patti's swap...I love printing onto fabric...but my printer doesn't always want to cooperate. Had a lovely day yesterday...An and I went out to Wal-mart..ended up getting 3 movies for our collection...I got 2 of my all time favorites "Tombstone" and "Chocolate"...and An got some strange one called "Mortuary"...he likes those second rate B movies! (I always tease him about it).....We munched on left-over pizza from Friday night...I worked in the studio for abit....I'm into the sewing machine right now....also finished the book I was reading...we stopped at the library and I got another book (like I don't already have "stacks" to read)....."The Forest Lover" by Susan Vreeland..She also wrote "Girl in Hyacinth Blue". This book takes us to another time at the turn of the twentieth century on the lush, untamed coast of British Columbria...She begins the story of the legendary painter, naturalist, and icon Emily Carr. Sounds good huh?!!!!
Had 2 nice visits yesterday from my son, and Ty.....and my cousin Maryellen..oh! and from our good friend Charles...all too short...but SWEET!
We are getting ready to run to the store now....we are going to have a HUGE breakfast! ..then I think I'll watch one of the new movies...and play in the studio..maybe even do some more raking outside...looks like another beautiful day!!!!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci...this is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...love it.

oh, i also love Tombstone :o)

9:56 AM  
Blogger silverlight said...

Forest Lover is a terrific book. As an artist, you will particularly enjoy it.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

These fabric pieces are so pretty! Now you're inspiring me to get out the sewing machine! Girl, I'm running out of time!!
I love "Chocolat"....one of my favorite movies. I haven't read Vreeland but you make her sound interesting so I'll see if we have those books at our library.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci this is soooooooooo beautiful! Takes my breath away. Wish I were there to see it in person. How lovely!! xoxo

1:28 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love the 4 x 4s you have been doing on the sewing machine. We are back in the frigid zone, high today was only 28 with windchills in the low teens. I sent Pattie my 4 x 4s yesterday. I hope I get one of yours.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am so happy to see more people getting the fabric out...I LOVE working with fabric. These are gorgeous Vicci, but then everything you do is!
Chocolat...I've watched that movie so many times, I love it. I sure wish they'd come out with Enchanted April in DVD - have you seen that? One of my favorites.
XOXO

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

What do you do in your spare time Vicci...?LOL
The fabric square is so pretty, I like the fabric poeces you do so much.
I love Chocolat, but I haven't seen the others yet.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chocolat" is one of my very favorite movies. I also liked "Tombstone," but then you aren't surprised, are you? I haven't heard of "Mortuary" though.

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. You are always so busy doing FUN stuff!

I love your work in fabric. It's beautiful! Someone is going to be a very lucky recipient!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Oh I have been gone to long.. You have been busy. I love these fabric journals. Wouldn't these be great to write your love notes in!?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

umm.. are these journals?

I like left over pizza too. I like it cold and I have just discoverd if you put them in a electric non stick skillet on warm, the bottom of the crust gets crisp and warms the top!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

This is lovely. I have printed on transfer paper and transfered it to fabric...works ok...how do you do it? Special fabric? Is it softer???/...I would be interested in hearing.
I enjoy your blog so much.
Thanks.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License