Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Friday




This is a journal I created for a swap hosted by Lenna Andrews....The theme was "By the Sea".
Boy! this Friday sure did come around fast! Here are today's "Happy Things"......
knowing it's almost Spring when people are starting to panic about income taxes
roadhouses
a book nook
old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read
a snowman on the football field
feeling wonderful after washing your hair
hardware stores with an inexhaustible supply of eminently useful items
collecting pinecones
snow swirls
the yellowing pages of old books
spaciousness
challenging your lover to a game of checkers or Scrabble, baking some cookies and adding Spanish sherry and mellow jazz
really thick eyelashes
secret lands
sleeping sprawled out on the bed
life's great pleasures
ink etchings
going on the roof and examining your neighborhood
flower seeds
passion and compassion
a morning tea party: lighted fire, small clove-studded apples floating in hot cider, homemade toast with honey butter, and breakfast sausage cooked in maple syrup
and last but not least.....opera houses.
That should be enough to ponder on today!!! I am making good progress on the studio...baked a yellow cake yesterday with chocolate frosting...and took Toby to the groomers this morning for a bath and cut! I've been reading a really good book called "Wild Swans" by Jung Chang...and listening to "Los Lonely Boys"....."Little River Band"...and "Joan Osbourne"....I hope to finish some chunky 4x4 book pages today..and read some blogs!!!!!! Hope everyone has a loving....peaceful....exciting Friday!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And another happy Friday thing: your Friday lists!

You always hit on a handful of things I haven't thought of for a while and yet am immediately grateful for!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The journal is beautiful, Vicci! With those perfect seafoam colors, the shells and stars, it looks like you cast a net into your vivid imagination and came up with the perfect items to address this theme. Incredibly lovely!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

This is so perfectly *Seaworthy* Vicci, I was interested to see all the materials you used to achieve the look that you did.
Your list..as ever..is thought provoking..Will email later..
love ya..xx

12:21 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read...

I LOVE IT Vicci!

Joan Osborne is wonderful & I thank you for sharing her with me!

Have a wonderful week-end yourself!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Izabella Blue said...

your list is heavenly~ xo!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

You are one busy gal! That journal looks great. Love the theme! And of course your special Friday list has some wonderful things on it. You always make me stop and think.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

First of all your Friday lists are always so wonderful - this one is no exception.
I LOVE this book...of course the sea theme grabs me but the execution of the entire thing is as usual spectacular.
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

5:36 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

First of all.. I love your journal "By the Sea!" It is just beautiful!

And you know how I feel about your "Happy Friday" list. I look forward to seeing it posted!!
No pressure!

I always find it inspiring.

Thank You

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I've already posted twice on this, but I had to come back and take another look at this lovely journal. Maybe it's my love of the ocean and water in general. It's simply gorgeous, Vicci! Your work amazes me, and I think this is my favorite of all the things I've seen so far. It makes me want to *try*....

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License