Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Charmed I'm Sure.....




Finally....I am done working on the charms! They are being mailed today...These are for a charm swap that I'm in called Oh So Charming. You can check out lots of the charms at http://dawnsellers.typepad.com/oh_so_charming/
My goal here was to create something different....we were asked to try to use recycled items to make the charms.I Used a strip of balsa wood that I cut into squares to match the stamps....I varnished the wood with Instant Age Varnish. I have a huge suitcase full of postage stamps that I've been collecting since I was a teenager...some of them are very old. For the back of the charms I cut up an old map and printed out the words "Enjoy Your Journey". I embellished them with jewelry findings and beads from my stash box of jewelry. I then glazed all of them with 2 coats of Diamond Glaze. I made a total of 25.
I'm going to the post office to mail the charms today...and going to clean up the studio..or at least try to make some progress on it!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger gma said...

Hi...Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love yours, charms and art and trinkets...very cool!!!Yes I do know Placerville...been there a few times visiting my old friends
The Baxters...they live on North Ridge.
:-)
BTW....you bloggers must've had a Blast getting together...looks so fun!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the charms, Vicci! What an original idea! You never cease to amaze me, girl. :-)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

These are so neat! I love old stamps and charms. Put them toghther.... Vuala ~

I am with Alix, You never cease to amaze me...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

You certainly put your *stamp* of originality on these charms & I'm sure they will get the *stamp* of approval from the recipients.LOL
You have a great imagination and your creativity always makes me smile. Well done Vicci..!
xo

1:51 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

These are amazing Vicci, you have such a great creative imagination! What a great use for old stamps. What do the charms do?
Not to sound dumb. Do they go on a bracelet or something?
I will go check out the link and find out for myself!
Hope you are well.!!!!
xoxoBluexoxoxox

2:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

No wonder you've been so hunkered down in that studio. This an amazing thing you've done here Vicci. You really are something. Hope you get a few minutes to breath and relax now that they are done. Look forward to seeing the 25 you get in return. What will you do with them?

You are not going to believe what I'm doing with the family album fotoz. I'll show you this weekend.

6 of the 9 are signed up for the swap in group. Sure am dreaming you will bless me by joining.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

The charms are just wonderful. Great idea to use the old stamps and then to put old maps on the back. You are so clever!!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How clever. I think these are the coolest charms ever...I love them.

9:39 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

these are wondrous! i love them...

your creativity abounds girl!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Very creative and unique! You have been one busy bee :0)

7:10 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Vicci~
These are just precious. Girl, you continuously blow my mind! Your fingers...so nimble & your imagination knows no limits!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License