Thursday, February 01, 2007

Another Oldie


Another old photo....My Great Grandfather..Laurence Alexander....and my Dad...Bruce Laurence. 1918....I love this photo..especially my Dad's scuffed up shoes and smeared white stockings...How could a little boy ever keep those white stockings clean??? I never knew my Great Grandfather....but I sure wish that I could have...they say he was a kind..gentle man...who was as strong as an ox...and loved to play baseball and go duck hunting...he dropped over dead while he was on a duck hunting trip.. from a heart attack...way too young. My Dad was only nine years old when he died....and of course it changed his entire life. My Dad tells me the most wonderful stories about him...and everytime he does, I can see the love he has for him still shine in his eyes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Vicci, this photo is wonderful.
Your G/Grandpa sounds like a lovely man, and from what I've gathered talking to you, your Dad is just the same. The way you describe the events here, about your Dad, amd his dad, it brings a lump to my throat. Your dad was the sweetest child..xo

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet picture, Vicci. How wonderful that your dad has such good and treasured memories of his father that he loves talking about him and passing those memories on down to you. It must make you very happy to see your dad's eyes light up like that!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I can see your Dad in you.

Your dad was so young to lose his dad. that is so sad. I am glad he has such good and heart warming memories of him.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License