Friday, February 02, 2007

Angel..Happy Things...and Dad...


someone calling to check on you when you're sick
porch swings
garage sales
listening to music so beautiful that it makes you cry
always having something to look forward to--love, life, work, happiness
reading a favorite magazine
playing favorite music and dancing wildly in the living room (for the magpies fairies...you know who you are)
baby bootees
kids making their own valentines
meeting eyes
the cat acting foolish
effervescence
walking into your dreams and coming out a new person
wondering what it would be like to be rich and taken care of
a real expedition with candles, music, blankets, pillows, champagne,cold oysters, chocolate truffles, St.Andre cheese, and cold lobster meat
cash refunds
stubborn spider plants
the lonely sound of a train horn
Mighty Mouse
calla lillies
Friday...Feb 2...already!!!! Spring is right around the corner!!! Please LET IT RAIN!!!!! I will be gone most of the day today...my sister and I are taking my Dad to the VA clinic in Auburn for his "every 6 months" check-up....then treating him to dinner...he loves being with his kids..no matter what we are doing...just sitting...going for drives...shopping...watching a movie...sitting outside on the porch...ANYTHING...he is a LOVER of LIFE.....I am most grateful today...(and everyday) for HIM!!!!!!! THANK-YOU!!!! THANK-YOU!!!!!! THANK-YOU!!!!!
Hope everyone has a SUPER Friday...and be sure to tell someone close to you today...that YOU LOVE THEM !!!!!!! :-)
The little angel above sits on one of the hutches in my studio...I got this from my brother and sister-in-law...she is one of my favorite things!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Vicci! I'm always so glad when you've posted your Friday happy~things. Your lists give me time to reflect on those things you've listed as well as the many blessings that come to mind while I'm reading. I always have a smile on my face when I'm finished!

Love "walking into your dreams and coming out a new person"! And Mighty Mouse!!! My crush when I was 5! (...blush...)

I hope your father gets a clean bill of health and that you all enjoy your outing together. He sounds like such a wonderful, joyful person! Probably where his daughter gets HER zest for life!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Excellent. I love you happy list! I pray your father is doing well.

Have a blessed weekend!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Happy Friday Vicci!

Your Dad is a lover of life.. hmmm,
sounds like you! He sounds like a very sweet and loving dad.

Have a great day!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Vicci, I'm losin' it...!
I was positive I had commented here...?
Hope you had a great day with your Dad, and enjoyed dinner together, also hope he got a clean bill of health...xxx

4:30 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

No spring here today girlie,,we had snow! Hope you have fun day with your Dad today!!! I was off work because of snow and got to take pics with the new toy.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

I just love your Friday lists Vic!
You make me stop and smell the roses everytime. Just when I feel sorry for myself that I am busy or what have you, you step in to remind me to look around.
Thank you darlin!
xoxoxoxo

5:36 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I love YOU my sweet cousin, and I love your dad (Uncle Bruce) so much too! In fact I was just journaling about him with the photo journal I'm doing.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

OH!
Give Dad a hug from us bloggers too.
xo
And you!

5:37 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

Vicci-
Your happy Friday List was like visiting Maggies Crystal Ball! Delightful and prophetic. I so hope you enjoyed your Day with Dad, know that you all must treasure these moments! Enjoy the week-end girl!

6:14 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Aw, your angel is so pretty & pure looking. Good to have around! i hope all went well with your Dad's visit to the doc. He must be so proud of you guys... he did a mighty-fine job!
Love your list this week ;) especially 'kids making valetines, porch swings & listening to music so beautiful it makes you cry.'
Thanks for bringing back some great memories:) I saw Ray Charles in Chicago & although I didn't 'bawl' the tears just ran down my cheeks.
(((Vicci)))

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License