Sunday, November 12, 2006

Persimmon Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup persimmom pulp
1 cup flour
1/2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/2 teas. cloves
1/2 teas salt
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.
In large bowl cream together the shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg and persimmon pulp. Combine the flour, baking soda,cinnamon, cloves and salt; stir into the persimmon mixture. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever had persimmon cookies! I'll have to make these and have hubby tell me all about them!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Mmmmm... never had anything like these but they sound yummy! Will have to look for persimmons next trip to the store!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are carrying on the family tradition. I wonder if my sister Laura has this recipe? If you have an email address for her you could send it to her, then 2 of you'd be carrying it on. You know I won't since I don't like persimmons at all. LOL I'll copy and paste it and send it to Amanda. I don't know if she even knows what persimons are, being raised by me.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had persimmon cookies before. They sound interesting.
;-)

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this...I am printing it as I type. I am going to give them a try!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License