Thursday, November 09, 2006

Plants and Cookies

Maryellen snapped this photo of some of my plants....I have lots...in fact they are starting to take over this one area in the dining room...and...I still need to bring in some of my outdoor plants this weekend...the nights are getting too chilly for them...I am busy working on an art piece in the studio... with Toby and Shaquille asleep in the big leather chair...some good music...and a plate of cookies from yesterday's batch...Here is another cookie recipe for today..this is another really easy recipe that I make every year for Christmas...everyone always asks for these...they go fast!
BUCKEYES.....
1 stick melted butter
1 box confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
chocolate chips for melting
1/3 block of paraffin wax
Mix the butter, sugar, and peanut butter together, and form into balls. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Melt about 1/2 bag of chocolate chips along with the wax....dip half of each ball into the chocolate. Put on wax paper and cool.
The wax is optional...but it helps the chocolate to stick to the cookie easier. These are very rich...but..oh so yummy! If anyone has a yummy cookie recipe they would like to share I'll be sure to post it....just leave me a comment and I'll e-mail you for the recipe.....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always like having plants in the house. They just make everything seem so much more alive.

This cookie recipe sounds so good! I copied it and will do some of these for Christmas. Thanks for sharing it with us.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had buckeyes when I visited Ohio a few years ago -yum!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to be in the baking mood lately! Are you a cookieholic like me?

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Great Pic. We have to drag the orange & lime trees in for the winter, along with some others and it really creates that jungle effect.
Yum, Yum... I'm loving these cookie recipes. I've never had buckeyes, but love what I imagine. Thanks for sharing Vicci.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Is it safe to eat wax. I've never heard of doing that. Yikes! Must be if you say so.

Have you noticed everyone is changing their sig pic. Janet, Lisa, Beth, Sombra, guess I better too. LOL

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jungle Jane said...

Oh my, that recipe sounds so good! I want some right now!
I love plants in the house too. My Mother had such a green thumb. One time I secretely counted all her houseplants and asked her how many she thought she had....well she had over 100 of them! She just used to grow them in dirt...no potting soil. She didn't even bother fertilizing them. I only have about 20...Only the hardy ones live!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I have a jungle in my house too,,espiecally the sunroom. I also took about 6 plants to my office this fall.
Your plants look great! And that cookie recipe looks so delicious. I am not much of a cook, but may have to try some of your cookie recipes. Thanks for sharing them Girlie!!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pretty plants! I really need to get some more for the kitchen. It never seems like home without houseplants! BTW, I love the statue!!!!

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License