Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rainy Day Wednesday

I think Toby has the right idea here.....on what to do on a rainy day! I'll be busy in the studio working on some swaps...I'm staying in my jammies....listening to music...right now I'm listening to Amos Lee.....I also plan on baking some cookies today...Hurry-Up No Bake Cookies..here is the recipe.....These are so good...and so easy!
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter or margarine
Boil above ingrediants for 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and add:
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 cups uncooked quick oats
1/2 cup nuts (optional) you can use chunky peanut butter...
Mix well. Drop by tsp. onto wax paper and cool. Yum!

I'm going to start posting a cookie recipe every day until Christmas..(or close to it)....I LOVE to bake cookies...every Christmas I put out trays of home-made cookies and fudge...and everyone gets to take a tray of cookies home....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cookies! Yes, yes...my favorite thing! I think I'll try your recipe today. The cookie jar is running low...
Your poodle is so cute!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

the perfect day! and I'll be over to sample, heehee, can I wear my jammies too, as that is me today as well! ;)
XOXO

12:06 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Yay for cookies! My you are a domestic goddess!
I love your poodle. What is her/his name? When I was very young we had a dog just like that and her name was Gigi. Your photo brought back all kinds of memories....

12:07 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

My mom used to make these same cookies! I hadn't thought about them in years.

Love the photo of Toby.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Girlie,,must you tempt me? I am trying to be good,,the cookies sound delicious! You got my rain that we had yesterday, and I got your sun today. Suppose to be in the mid 70s tomorrow. Awhhhh,,Toby is so cute!!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Toby looks deserving of some cookies as well! I'll have to get my index cards out to scratch down your recipes. Thanks for sharing...yum, yum! I just made mintc chocoalte chip sugar cookies. yum, yum!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had MY kind of day!

Great idea about the cookie recipe! I tend to make the same ol' cookies at Christmas time....or really, just in general!

Thank you for sharing!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License