Monday, November 13, 2006

Collage on Canvas

This is a collage I did for my friend...I used acrylic and lumiere paint on the background, and the "masking-tape" technique...when the masking tape is peeled off in layers it leaves a subtle image of your choosing on the background. I cut out the images I wanted and collaged them...the images of the flowers and birds are from some of the many cards I've saved over the years...I then used ink and chalk to enhance the colors where I wanted. I really enjoyed doing this piece...especially working with the larger canvas. The quote is from an old book, and was chosen especially for my friend to give it special meaning.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, it really is!

2:42 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Awesome, Magnificent & Astoundingly Beautiful... They just don't make words big enough to wrap around the beauty of this piece!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice vicci~
thanks for sharing your answers on my post too! Very nice dinner you have planned there :)
This is beautiful I am looking at starting some of these.
xo

6:14 AM  
Blogger Babsarella said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the wonderful intense colors and the beautiful image!!! I think your friend will LOVE IT!!!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so wonderful, as is everything you do. I am curious to know more about the masking tape technique.
XOXO

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Lisa - please tell more about the masking tape method. This piece is absolutely gorgeous! Of course I love the color!! But the whole texture and feel of it is just beautiful.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing, Vicci!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Excellent girlie! You have a very lucky friend! I love the peeling paper technique!

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is stunning Vicci..If could produce work like this I wouldn't want to do house work either ;oD

3:06 PM  
Blogger Baron Ectar said...

I wish I could do cool stuff like this - mine would just remain a blank piece of paper! Nice work.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know who it's for too....... tee hee! Lucky recipient.... this is so gorgeous Vicci.
Maryellen

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License