Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Beautiful Day...among FRIENDS.......


I met a beautiful person yesterday....Tammy... over at http://mylifeasawarrior.blogspot.com/
She was just as I expected her to be....BEAUTIFUL inside and out....down -to-earth...open and friendly....caring..and a fellow animal lover! Tammy and Dave live over in Sonora. They are waiting until their home sells...then they are looking forward to moving into their dream home up in Sly Park Hills (Pollock Pines, California)....this is where we met! I decided to make the drive....and, as soon as I smelled the "mountain misery" I knew I made the right decision....They have a beautiful cozy lovely retirement home nestled in the pine trees and surrounded by fruit trees (peach, pear, plum, apple,) to name a few....lots of grapes....and lots of beautiful flowers that Dave lovingly tends....(he was working out in the flowers all day).....I took the photo (above) while sitting at the dining room table and looking out the big window at their front yard...... Tammy and I chatted and drank ice tea.....You can see Tammy and Dave's personalities all through the house...which makes it even more special....Thanks to BOTH of you....for a nice day! I LOVED it! Tammy and Dave also sent me home with some iris from the yard that Dave was digging up....I have it in a bucket until I decide where to plant them....
BLOGS are so coooool.........you meet the BEST people!!!!!
Today my friend Linda is stopping by to give me some artwork to help her with in getting ready for the Art Faire that is quickly coming up the first weekend in AUGUST.....this is gonna be really great...so if any of you can...be sure to drop by and check it out.....lots of great art... also the world's largest collection of artist trading cards...(atc's)....after seeing all the art..... you can browse downtown Placerville which is always fun.....and less than an hour away is the AWESOME Lake Tahoe.......( I sound like a "travel brochure").......

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What an absolute joy that must have been to meet Tammy and Dave. She is such an amazing person so I can imagine meeting in person was magical! Not only for you to them but them meeting YOU - who also (and I know this from personal experience) one VERY magical person as well!
Why oh why are they doing this art weekend in the HEAT of summer up there? Me + heat = rag with no brain power. lol!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

12:10 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I sure hope I can come up and check out the art show. That would be fun. I bet you go every day huh? I'll go check out the web site for it.

Who is Tammy? Is she on blogger?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I would love to meet Tammy! How wonderful.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

That is so wonderful that you got to meet a fellow blogger. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with them in their pretty world. I hope I can meet you too one day soon!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

What a blessing blogging has been! Ty's pictures are so gorgeous and I was excited to see pictures of your arch!

XXOO

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License