Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lazy....Hot...Slow Days of Summer.....











Good Morning my friends......I have not been on the computer too much lately.....to top it off this morning I sat down here at the desk to post something and what????? my blog was in DUTCH.....I finally found the little box to change it over to English....how did that happen???? So strange!!!!!!!! The weather over the weekend was cooler...still in the 90's...but that sure beats those triple digits anyday!!! I made another batch of jam...this time, it's CHERRY CINNAMON........Sunday morning the three of us went for a nice walk along the walking trail here in Placerville....( me...Andy and Toby)....along the way we spotted this community garden (photo above).... ....I spotted some playful squirrels and they posed for me! WE also had a nice bbq at my son's house Sunday evening....(I'll post photos of that later).....
It's not in the 100's right now.... feels so much better...even though it's in the 90's....I've been in the pool alot....and simply just doing everything in slow-motion...yesterday morning I had an appt. with Toby's groomer....and with DMV to get my license renewed.....
I haven't stepped into the studio in over a week...it's the hottest room in the house.....but I am getting antsy to get some art work done! I did watch a good movie yesterday..."The Aviator" I had never seen it before....I also watched one of my very favorite's "My Family" (mi familia)....I recommend this movie to anyone...it's so good....it's directed by Francis Ford Coppola and is about the three generation saga of the Sanchez family...it stars Esai Morales....Edward James Olmos and another one of my favorites...Jimmy Smits....if you haven't seen this movie...go rent it, and watch it.......you won't be disappointed!
I am going to try to get caught up today on reading blogs.....the lazy...slow...days of Summer have a hold on me.....I try to get the chores done first thing in the morning when it's cooler..then all I want to do is float in the pool...sit on the cushioned lawn chair underneath the umbrella...read my book and sip an ice-cold drink......life is good....I am grateful.....

14 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

It's cooler down here, too....and I'm thankful! That triple digit stuff is not for me!

You seem to be enjoying yourself even without art. That jam looks delish! And love the squirrel photos....they're such fun to watch.

Stay cool!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

That jam looks and sounds fantastic, I've always wanted to make jam. Maybe I will! What a cute little squirrel, I love taking pictures of those guys.

I hope it cools down even more soon. It's skyrocketing here today and tomorrow, I'm dreading it. We bought one of the last fans in town last night, so glad because we were too late last year and paid for it!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

That squirrel is too cute Vicci. I'm glad I can get the name of a good groomer from you for my Maltese, Nikki. :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

What a pleasant day, and post. The jam looks too pretty to eat...just put the jar on the coffee table for a center piece. The squirrel were sure watching you every step of the way...and how fun to take the doggie with your!!! Surely something we would do.
XOXOXOX

12:20 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

What a wonderful post! I loved the pics! Wow! Those were great! the jam sounds yum-O!

hugs!

I am sorry I didn't mention where we camped. It was Dardanelles. We love it there! I just posted more pics!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Barkfoot said...

Squirrels are great, they might pinch the bird feeders out of the garden and throw pine cones at me when I'm walking in the woods, but when they twitch their little tails and act all innocent who can't forgive them.
Wow that heat sounds almost unbearable, England's very cold and rainy at the moment, no sign of summer....wanna swap?

5:14 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

It's just started to cool off here too Vicci. However, it is now overcast and getting muggy. Ick.

So - did the little squirrel guy get his treat he must have been looking for?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

You made jam....how fantastic...can`t even remember when I last did that!!!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Yup, definitely summer. It hasn't gotten to 100 here yet, either, but IT WILL!

9:09 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

I think I'll rent that movie The Family some day. I might like that. You sound like Mike and I, taking off for walks and photographing along the way...I haven't been hiking because of the heat, just walking...Nice reading you this morning. I'm behind on blogs also...

9:21 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

wonderful photos!
In Germany its cold and rainy but next weekend the weather will be better.(Hope so)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Sounds awesome...love the squirrel photos!

Hugs Sherrie

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I cannot believe that silly squirrel stopped & posed so well for you! Maybe he's the one who changed your blog to all Dutch!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, am adding 'My Family' to my hitlist...as we speak....TY!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License