Saturday, July 07, 2007

Veggies Grow In Heat



At least something good comes out of this heat...the veggies are growing fast...the tomato and eggplant are growing in leaps and bounds...I am a melted...wilted...lump! The animals woke me up early this morning wanting to go outside...my poor old black kitty just sprawls out on the kitchen floor underneath the ceiling fan...I keep the bathtub full of water and whenever I see Toby panting too much I put him in the tub to cool off...Between the pool outside and the shower inside I manage .....my clothes and hair are always wet...but it's the only thing that keeps the body temp. down...oh...and the trusty spray bottle which I fill with ice cold water from the fridge...it seems to be abit cooler this morning...I hope it gets down in the 90's!!!! It is 6:15 am...I am going out to the pool to cool off.......

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Your veggies and flourishing and everything else is melting, I don't know how you do it. Good for you for taking care of your pets during the heat wave.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

you sound like me....I loathe being that hot! It just makes me this limp and sometimes grumpy lump. I will say it's cooler here today and we have the house opened up.
Years ago we were visiting my folks in Auburn and the 4 us took a ride to Placerville - it was eleventyhundred degrees there and when I got out of the very air conditioned car I seriously almost fainted. The extreme temp change from the car to outside got to me instantly. It's beautiful up there but I just couldn't live there in summer! I don't how you do it with no AC in most of your house. So glad you have that pool!
Veggies are obviously liking it though!
XOXO

11:56 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Your tomatoes and eggplant look great! It's so hot here in the valley too.
Molly does what your black cat does....finds a cool floor under a fan...!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I am loving this break in the heat wave. You are so lucky to have your pool Vicci. Oh I got you a surprise at the garage sales today. Actually 2 things. LOL

4:54 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Can't believe it is that hot first thing in the morning!!!!
Enjoy your pool, stay nice and cool.
Pop some grapes into the freezer, they make yummy cold snacks!!!
xo

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

My dad brought some nectarines from his tree. Gotta love that heat.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

It finally cooled down a little here today (Mon) so I hope you got a break too.

I envy you your veggies! I tried the first year we were here and they didn't do good....too dry, too hot, and too windy!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely!!!!!!!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License