Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Rose in the Woods



Good Morning Everyone.....I haven't had too much time to make any comments or even glance at all my favorite blogs...Andy's been home since last Thursday...he goes back to work this Thursday...we've been busy puttering around the house...and enjoying ourselves....having good dinners...going in the pool....watching movies....even taking naps (which is a rare occurence).....plus its getting extremely HOT...temps. are creeping up into the triple digits! (So....we try to get all the chores done in the early morning before the HEAT of the day settles in)....early morning is usually my blogging time......things will get back to normal once An goes back to work....
I did read this morning on Annie's blog about doing a random act of kindness...I did just that yesterday....it made me feel so good! I read in the paper that the animal shelters need supplies for all the animals that are displaced due to the Angora Fire up at Lake Tahoe...An and I bought dog and cat food...some doggie treats...litter boxes and plastic liners....and some misc. items...we dropped them off in the bin they have set up outside of the local newspaper's (Mt. Democrat) building located on Broadway...I challenge ANYONE in the area to do the same....I only wish I had the funds to do more....but I figure if EVERYONE would do "just a little"....that would add up to "ALOT".....I was sad to see that the bin really was not very FULL....
I am going to try to read my favorite blogs tonight....I MISS everyone too much! Hope everyone is getting ready for a happy and SAFE 4th of July....XXXXXXOOOOOOOO

12 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

You are such a good person. People tend to forget that animals need some help at times, too. I'll think of something to do in my own area. I love random acts of kindness.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Vic, do I ever agree with Janet...you are one special lady on the earth...and we are blessed to know you.
I can't imagine how greatful the Aminal Shelter will be for your generosity....Let's home many people follow suit!!!


Glad you were able to have such a nice time....even a nap...!!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I hope you have a fantastic 4th of July celebration, you so deserve it, look at all the wonderful things you are doing for the world!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

YOU ARE THE ROSE IN THE WOODS

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

You have such a warm and loving heart!! You are light dear Vicci, bright shining light!! I am sure the animal shelter will be thrilled with your gifts!
Sounds like you are having some wonderful days together...isn't it nice to do everything and nothing? I wish we had a pool, not that it gets as hot here but just to be able to do some laps and then just float a bit on a hot day!
Sending you love with a colorful splash!
XOXO

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

You little bit is a lot! Thank you Vicci, as it is heated and hot here too. I Cringe when I think of animals chained in yards with no shade or water. How cruel. I think you are special to help remind us. Thank you.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Bless you Vicci! Happy 4th! XXOO

5:24 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time with Andy home.. What a neat thing to do, think of animals needs. I saw the same blog, thanks to Wanda...

I just love your newsy blog...get that guy back to work so you can come play.. sandy

5:35 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Wonderful act of kindness, animals and children are so precious. Protection of them should be number one. They may be emptying the boxes often! Those photos of your roses are amazing! I love random acts of kindness...it feels wonderful! I haven't been posting or reading much either. I lurk at times on my way to bed. Too much going on as well!

Hugs Sherrie

10:13 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

Happy 4th sweetie....
Cattycat is right!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

That is so sweet what you and An did for the animals. I try to help our shelter out alot in our county.
Beautiful pics of your flowers!!!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful fourth of July!!!
xoxoxooxxo

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please call 9725136533 Its very urgent

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License