Thursday, July 05, 2007

You Will Find Me Here:


Yes.....my dears.....I will be in and out of this pool all day....when the temps. reach over 100..and no air-conditioning ...(except for Dad's room)...then I start to melt....the house just builds up heat.... I have no energy to do anything except try to stay somewhat cool....that spells POOL......I have art to work on...but hope next week is abit cooler...it's amazing the difference it is when it's in the 90's .........Yesterday was 101...and today I think it's going to be HOTTER....We watched a good old classic movie yesterday..."My Friend Flicka".....I love those old classic movies...this one was from 1943. I still have lots of "party beans" leftover from early in the week....so yippee....it's way to HOT to slave over a hot stove...I'm reading Oprah's latest book club pick right now called "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides....I started to read this book some time ago, but could never get very far...this time I hung in alittle longer and it's getting better and better...it's a thick book...529 pages...my favorite kind.
Today is a good day to sit out by the pool...with a cold drink..... a thick book.....my animals at my side......and some peace and quiet...which will probably put me right into DREAMLAND....it's too HOT for anything else!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

It was 105 in Sacramento yesterday. Today is supposed to be one or 2 degrees less. I will be getting around in the blog world again now, because I am talking to my computer, and it is typing for me. It is all explained on my blog if you want to go read about it. I am very happy to be able to communicate with in the blog world again. Love you! Big hugs!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

The new house has air but your house looks more fun! I'll be there soon. :) XXOO

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I was just about to comment here when a comment from YOU arrived - we must have been thinking of each other. It's hot here too...and since we have a window AC in our room and in my studio we keep the house closed up so at least the living room and kitchen aren't so hot. It's not triple digits but I can't hang with heat!
So now let's talk about that pool? I can't really see what kind it is except it is a type of above ground pool. I want one!!
Stay cool, don't do anything strenuous in that here - I've been in Placerville in summer and about keeled over!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

1:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

strenuous in that here - that should have read "don't do anything strenuous in that HEAT". can't type sometimes.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

That is hot Vicci..!
Stay in the pool and keep cool..!
We heard about your extreme heat, too bad you can save some of those days for the winter, and pull them out when needed.
Your pool looks like fun, and a cold drink and a thick book, well...that's perfection.
Love ya..!
xo

1:50 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Whew,,I don't blame you one bit for staying in that pool girlie!!! I sure wish I had a pool, just not enough flat places for one in my yard,wahhh. Stay cool Ms. Vicci!!!
xooxoxoxoxo

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

You guys are having such a heat wave! A pool is the perfect place for you to be! Reading, dozing, as long as you don't drown! Be careful and have a cool day as is possible to have.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Scooch over. I'm dippin in!
xo

8:17 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Very sweet of you!

You paint a wonderful picture of a nice lazy afternoon. I LOVE old movies! What are some of your other favorites? (Off to check your profile.)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

I'm with you Vicci!!! It's HOT! At least we have two window AC's that help knock the temp down to livable!
I think I drank 5 glasses of ice tea today....be up all night!

10:35 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

i live in inland empire and heard that Riverside was 112 the other day. I've been at the coast for a week...and it has been heavenly the last few days, cold and foggy with some sun during the day...stay cool and the pool looks so inviting..

8:33 AM  
Blogger Giggles said...

I thought our 90 something was bad. I don't know how you do it! Stay in that pool. I was so hot I only slept an hour and a half. Got up cooled off for two hours and then back to bed for 5 more! I am not a heat baby. Show me the snow!Just kidding...seasons are wonderful!

Hugs Sherrie

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vicci.....it's been hot here in FL also. I jump into Montana's little pool to cool off and play :o) Have a great weekend!

5:35 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

ahhhh! Hhhhha! Vicci! I have the exact same lazy round river out my back door.....
respite from the heat of the day,
of life,
float on.....sweet girl!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License