Friday, May 11, 2007

The Front





This is the front of the house....above the tree fort in the 2nd photo is the road that comes into the place....you can see the tall Italian cypress in the first photo. You can see some of my flowers in these photos also.
This is why I always have so much yard work to do...mowing all the lawns on each side...keeping up with all the flowers...etc. BUT...I wouldn't trade any of it for ANYTHING!!!!! We are surrounded buy the forest of huge pine trees...have seen fox...coyote...bear....the most awesome birds...skunks...owls...deer...(lots of deer)....plus we have complete privacy...and peace and quiet! My Dad built this house in the early 60's....this is our FAMILY home....we moved here when I was a Freshman in High School.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

And I have been there and will vouch for the great location of this huge and wonderful house. Not to mention the wonderful nature that surrounds it.

8:21 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

What a great location and all that property and privacy and forest. This is wonderful Vicci..I am so enjoying it!!

We have gotten some wildlife here because we butt up against the mountains...I love nature and all that comes with it...

sandy

10:31 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

It looks lovely and so peaceful Vicci! sigh

How nice to be living in a home you grew up in. All the memories.

Theres no place like home! ;)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

How cool is that Vicci...your family home. I lived in the same home from age 3 to going away to college...It hurt, when we had to sell it after my mom's passing.
I love everything about your house and yard...it gives me such a "happy feeling"
You do good work, girlfriend.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

What a great tour of your beautiful home. I Love all the trees and espiecally the flowers. I know you find alot of peace in that wonderful environment! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, my friend!!
xoxoxoxoxoox

4:00 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Vicci, this is like heaven on Earth, how beautiful it is.
All your hard work shows, it is so well kept.
I think I would find inspiration in your studio with views and surroundings like this...
Have a fantastic Mother's day,,,
Hugs
xxx

8:19 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

I love the fact that your father was able to build this house & that it still remains in the family...
My mother-in-lawn went to Ireland last year with her Irish girlfriend. they stayed at her girlfriends family house in which her Mother, Father & brother still reside. It has been in their family since the 1600's!

& years ago when I bought my house, it was graffitti covered & PINK! I painted the exact same color as your house...I love it. I so wanna come trapse through your world!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License