Tuesday, May 08, 2007


Yesterday was one of those 'non-stop' kinda days...but I did manage to get lots done...that always makes me feel good! Toby got his stitches out...he is a much happier little camper with that stupid collar finally GONE! I mailed lots of goodies at the post office....got the new cloth paper scissors magazine (which I just love)...went to the grocery store....(we had a barbecue last night)....got lots done outside (still lots to do)....and 'in-between' I made this little bud vase out of a cigar tube...I just wrapped some copper wire around the tube...put some beads on it...added a hanger..a rose...and water...there you have it...
I plan on working outside today...at least until it gets too hot (supposed to be another warm one..in the 90's)...working on my 8x10 quilt for a swap...the theme is 'the secret'....and baking a cake...
When Andy and I cleaned out the front of the garage I found the old redwood patio furniture that my sister gave me years ago...I want to go out to Big Lots and see if they have any cushions...and then stop by Home Depot for some redwood stain so I can spruce it all up...(I just might wait until later in the week to do this)...What's everyone else doin on this glorious day?

11 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Hay girlfriend~! Just hanging out, we are getting some high temps today, for us, about 26 so that is good.
Celsius...not farenheit!
And it is Olivia's birthday so we are taking her out of school to do some fun hiking things this aft.
Much love and that is a great cigar tube! Bud vase! xo

8:40 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

That is so neat and pretty!
Very creative!

Now you should be on T.V. and have your own show!

8:54 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Wow vicci, you are one busy lady. Love the bud holder you made..how clever.

You sound like me, although it sounds like you accomplish what you set out to do, haha.

Today..I will have my grandson Cayden for the day. I plan on planting about five sweet brooms that need to get in the ground, and a few other miscellaneous plants. I saw a mouse in my bedroom so I definitely hope to do away with that cutie if I can because there could be many more..

I plan to clean my bathroom, and I really want to sketch out an idea that has been brewing...a landscape design thingy in my backyard...

And will I accomplish all that...probably not. The only thing I really really need to accomplish is eradicating that mouse.

Hope you have a fun and productive day. I just love your blog here...

p.s. Say hi to the clerk at Big Lots for me!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

All that you do is so creative and beautiful! Your spirit shows through all your endeavours.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

You've really been doing some amazing art my friend....from the simple to the absolute devine!! AND you sound like you've really been keeping busy...can you now come down and do my backyard too? LOL! It is freakin' HOT here! acck!
Do you have any info yet about the classes, fees etc for August? I guess I will email the gal about it.
OH and one more thing...can you please bottle up all that energy and send it down here? thanks a million! ;)

XOXO
Love,
Lisa

2:38 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

kindred little spirit...the theme here today is "the secret" also!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

I worked like a dog all day, but it was a good kind of working like a dog! Now, I'm waiting for the answers to the questions!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Funny, so alike we are, that I even did the same type blog today too. Wierd huh? The photo is beautiful. Like you! Smile . . . Happy for lil Toby that he finally has some peace.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I Love the rose holder,,you are so creative girlie,,,its been hot here too and dry. Slight chance of shower for the next few days. Take care and Luv Ya!!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Vicci - I would have loved running around with your yesterday...

A day of accomplishment, wow. I was doing basically the same, but I did'n get to Big Lots, and I need a couple of rust colored cushions.

Love the bud vase.....exquisite. And all my roses are in bloom!

Just reading your blog energizes me! Go girl!!!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Button said
neat vase!, I like that. this life is a busy one indeed! I need to get up there soon and see part of my lovely family, always in my thoughts. enjoy this glorious day and weather. love to all of you.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License