Thursday, May 10, 2007

Relaxing May Day...and First Strawberries



Yesterday was a relaxing wonderful day....In my "outside" travels I noticed the first strawberries of the year coming up...some new blue flowers..and the peonies are just about ready to open. I did mow some of the lawns...then came inside to cool off with some fresh lemonade...and a piece of vanilla cake...puttered around in the yard.....spied the first green cherries on the cherry tree...and played "throw the quince" with Toby.....I have some errands to run today...but no matter what I do...I'm going to enjoy the once again beautiful Spring day...it's abit cooler...and it feels great!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

Yummy...I had a piece of strawberry shortcake yesterday...Love strawberries, and we have them plentiful here in the valley.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Vicci..!

Jjust caught up with your last 3 posts, strawbs, cake ..lemonade...look what I've missed..!
Love your flowers, looks like it is summer there already..!

10:57 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Wow vicci, beautiful pics. I love that you mow "some of the lawns"..you sound like us here..we have the "front front"...the "side yard"....the "back yard"...the normal "front yard"...

I finally gave up mowing and let my husband do it..I have too much weeding and clipping to do.

have a great fun day...

sandy

11:03 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Wow...your strawberries look so much more succulent than mine! Spring is definitely in the air!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Strawberries covered in chocolate! Wise words from the Chocolate Whisperer!

Mmmmmm Those strawberries in the garden look good.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Its getting so warm here quick... your fruit will be ripe in no time!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License