Friday, May 11, 2007

Food Friday... (Strawberry Avocado Salad)


Every friday for quite some time I've been posting "Happy Things Friday"....a list of things to be grateful for...and even though I could go on and on with the list....and will probably post another one here and there...it's time for a change! I've decided each Friday to post one of my favorite recipes....I'm going to call this "Food Friday"....
It seems like everyday I'm posting something about doing yard work...or something about my flowers...or the outdoors...I've decided to take you on a little trip around the house....all four sides...so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about...(and why I always have so much 'outside' work to do).....(see posts below)....
Here is the recipe for today....since I have some fresh strawberries from the yard....and some chicken left-over from last night...thought I'd make a "Strawberry Avocado Salad"....to go with the chicken...
_____Strawberry Avocado Salad______
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups torn salad greens (fresh spinach is good also or a mixture of both)
1 avocado-peeled, pitted and sliced
10 strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup chopped pecans
In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
place the salad greens in a pretty bowl, and top with sliced avocado and strawberries. Drizzle dressing over everything, then sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving, or serve immediately. This is light (great on a warm day)...and easy...and really very delicious...the ingrediants seem to blend perfect.
Hope everyone has a FABULOUS Friday....and weekend!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Food Fridays!!! Yeah. I love to read about food, I love to eat food. I hate to cook. I am an avid cookbook collector. I never cook..I like to look at pictures.

sandy

p.s. I'm off to take the tour around your yard.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

I love to cook and to eat and think food is a fun thing. One of my favorite shows on tv is Ace of Cakes because they do such way out and goofy designs. Food Friday? I'm so there!

Questions and answers will come when the time is right. Not to worry.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

sounds yummy vicci!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Food Fridays!! :O
You amaze me sweet lady! I am telling you... you need your own television show! I am NOT kidding!

It sounds Yummy!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Sounds absolutely delicious....would you add a fig to my plate?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

this really sounds good, I have everything but the avocado...you may have motivated me to stop and get one on the way home tomorrow :) thanks!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Yummy salad....I make one similar, with mangoes, it has mustard and rice wine vinegar with the honey and olive oil!

A little behind on blog visits!
Hugs Sherrie

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License