Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies...EVER !!!!


I just had to share this recipe. This recipe was given to me years ago by a sweet woman who use to own a gourmet coffee shop and deli here in Placerville...I couldn't believe it when she told me the recipe....too good to be true! My son would come home after school with his friends and head right to the kitchen to bake up a batch of these...they would then proceed to eat every single one of them! Here it is....oh! I didn't leave ANYTHING out...promise.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
*********************
1 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
1 CUP SUGAR
1 EGG (large)

That's it !!!!!!!! No flour...or anything else...mix all the ingrediants in a bowl..roll into balls, and flatten with the back of a fork. Bake at 350 for about 7-10 minutes...depending on your oven....just keep an eye on them....when done..remove from oven...cool a few minutes on sheet before removing...
PS...greasing the cookie sheet is not necessary either! Makes about 1 dozen.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

Funny, this is my cookie baking day...think I'll do yours instead of my usual choc. chip.
Thanks!!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Those look amazing! I love that they're gluten-free, protein and sugar...gotta love it.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

These are delicious. I used this recipe many years ago, and they are good.
I quit making them because I used to eat them all too..
Hugs
xx

2:00 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

How funny.. I came home from work yesterday, and my daughter Diandra made some Peanut Butter Cookies too!

Your recipe looks easier though!

2:18 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

are you kidding me? I can do this!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Wow I can't believe how easy those are, I am just copying the receipe now!

9:19 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Okay, these sound way too easy, I'll have to try them..

10:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Well, yeah, as the flower just makes them taste doughie if you get too much. Makes sense. Man, I haven't made PB cookies since the kids grew up.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

Weird.I am making these tonight..and NOT because of your post. Full moons and peanut butter cookies Vic...there are no coinkydinks!!!!!
xoxoxo

5:26 PM  
Blogger Lotus said...

Hey Vicci!
Thank you for looking at my new doll! I saw your cookie recipe and made a batch for the kids. They loved them! Thank you!

7:01 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Wow...wonderfully simple!
I bookmarked this page!
Thanks Vicci!
xoxox

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Okay, do this:

4 C flour (all purpose)
1 C honey

That's it. Work the honey into the flour. Make sure you liberally dust your cutting board with flour or it will stick. Bad. Once you get it into a ball, let it rest for about 20 minutes. Cut it into chunks so that you can roll it into a coil. Flatten the coil so that the dough is about 2-3 inches wide and about 1/4 inch (or more is fine) thick. Cut diagonally. Bake at 350 for just long enough to get them to start turning brown. These are traditional Sicilian honey cookies. They are hard as ROCK when they cool down, but as they sit in a jar with some air over time, they begin to soften. We were teethed on them. You are supposed to place one almond right in the center. The diagonal cut is called "mosticiolli."

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License