Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Before and After


I really cannot believe how fast time flies.....I have been here...but I've been quiet. Too many projects going on...and not enough time in a day to complete them...the above photo is one of my latest adventures...re-doing some old redwood patio furniture that I discovered when we cleaned out the front of the garage....I'm working on the 2-seater/with table now.
I've also been working on a birthday gift for someone (surprise).......I mailed some things off yesterday..the 4x4 pages to Patti...and the 'secret' quilt to Jo in Australia...I also have some other swaps to finish and mail....and....ongoing of course is the yard-work.....weed-eating and cutting brush....taking care of the lawns and flowers...watering....etc. I bought 3 new plants over the weekend at one of the local nurseries.....A "Hosta"....which I've been wanting for a long time...this one loves the shade and I have the perfect spot...a "Lobelia"...which attracts butterfies and hummingbirds...and "Sedum" ...the foilage on this one is a deep bronze-red which will add a nice contrast to all the green. I'll be back and forth today from studio...to yard..to painting more furniture.....
I do try to look at all my favorite blogs...even though I don't always leave comments...I am "lurking" in the background...the weather is perfect..and this Memorial Day weekend the POOL goes up!!!!!!!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Nice job! Did I read pool? WooHoo can I come to play? lol

My yard looks ghastly with neglect from winter. The front is a lantern step flower garden. You can't even see the steps...grrr. lol The side is being overrun by periwinkle but the fenced fruit orchard out back is fine. XXOO

9:49 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Oh wow, this turned out beautiful, ...and the pool goes up...too cool...literally..great...

I know what you mean. Time is flying for me too. I have too many interests and loves to get to all of them. And I need to hike. I really NEED to do this and soon.

I sure enjoy coming here and seeing what you have been up to. Enjoy the water...

9:57 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

The chair looks great. You're so handy and creative.

Hostas are wonderful and I love Sedum....very colorful.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Wow! Talk about "before" and "after" shots. You get an A+.
By the way, met some women from your town at Mt. Hermon....heard of Crystal's Clothing??

11:21 AM  
Blogger singleton said...

Vicci...i need a before and after! Help!

Oh, and you are so gonna love that pool......Mermaid time!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Great job Vicci!
I love projects like that. Your garden looks and sounds lovely.
Once the pool is set up, you won't want to leave home until fall...LOL
Hugs
xx

3:29 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I'm always amazed by people who can transform furniture like this, you're a creative powerhouse!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

The chair looks so nice Cuz. I can't wait to see the other double one. This is the rewards for all that cleaning out by the garage. Hooray for you. Do you reme ber any history to go with these pieces of lawn furniture?

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have been quite busy these dayz! love the new look to the chairs, although I like the shabby look too :)

love the new art & I just printed out the strawberry avocado salad recipe...having company over this weekend~ will be thinking of you :)

xo!! Bella

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Hi honey! You've been one busy gal haven't you.....so much you always manage to get accomplished. I envy you having a pool to put up, it's really needed with the heat you guys get up there.
I LOVE the charm bracelet in the previous post!

We are going to have to have a phone chat soon!
Sending love and hugs to you sweet Vicci!
XOXOXOXOXO

7:18 PM  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Hello from Australia, I am just re-visitng some of my old posts and those who made comments on them to see how things are in your beautiful part of the world.

I see your blog is still a very nice one to visit and I do love what you have done with the outdoor setting!

best wishes Lee-ann

6:17 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

That furniture is looking awesome. Dang, I wish you lived next door,,we could have a blast this summer. We are trying to figure out how to level the backyard some so we can put a pool up. The backyard is empty now that Ranger is free. Its going to be a challenge to level it,,so hilly.
Hugs to ya!!!

6:52 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Great Job on the chairs...I hope you guys have awonderful Memorial Day!
I'll be working all week-end :( retail!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Oh wow! The chair looks great!
You will have to show us where you are going to put them!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci....i am totally blown away. I can't believe the transformation of that chair. You are awesome :o)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License