Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Running Errands


Great Uncle Polly....Baby Marion...and my Great Great Grandfather (Grandpap)..and the horses are Billy and Mouse. Thank Goodness my Grandmother wrote the names on most of these old photos....or else..I wouldn't have a clue!
Today is "run errand" day for me....pay bills...grocery store...and post office! It's not raining..but it's chilly outside...I'm anxious to get everything done...so I can get back home and play! I'm going to bake chocolate chip cookies! I was just looking at this old photo..and thinking "What if we had to run errands with our wagon and horses" ????!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Izabella Blue said...

I think I would like that :) I think I was born in the wrong era!

xo!! p.s haven't found anyone to go with me yet, that would be fun if you could come with!! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

what? you don't run errands that way? I just returned from running some and had to tie the team to the back fence.
XOXO

great photos!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

If we had to hook horses up to the wagon to go to town I imagine we'd go a whole lot less often. We would probably grow our own food too. We'd have chickens to lay eggs for us, cows to milk, goat and pigs and ducks and rabbits, oh and sheep too. We'd have fruit trees and we'd can food to last through the winter. Life would be more work, slower and oh so much sweeter. I remember!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Grandpap had a great beard Vicci..!
Gosh I have enough trouble getting out of the house to warm up the car these days..there would be no going anywhere if I had to take the horses and a wagon..!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I could imagine it would take some time to get the horses ready... it would definitely be an event!!

If I did not know what I know now in getting around... I guess it would not be to bad.. You would surly take in more of your sights and quality time in relationships.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine we'd be going into town much less often, but when we'd go it'd be quite an occasion!

2:47 PM  
Blogger veryoleman said...

Uncle Polly had "ricketts" when he was little..Granpap took him everywere with him..Marion is living in washinton close to her son now..

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License