Sunday, October 22, 2006

Garage Sale Saturday



Breakfast yesterday was nice!!!!! On the way home I spotted a Garage Sale sign...It said..."HUGE GARAGE SALE".....5 FAMILIES....so of course I had Andy pull the car over!! It turns out that the majority of the sale were items that belonged to two of the sweetest elderly people...He is 84....She is 85....they had been collectors of EVERYTHING for years...and finally some of it had to go....I got this set of juice glasses from the 50's....they reminded me of when I was growing up...they were an outrageous .25 a piece!!!! The entire set was 1.50 !!!!! I also found 2 little mini tin lunch pails..(for altering)...a little ceramic Dutch girl....3 old dolls that I thought would come in handy for some kind of assemblage....a little rabbit for my sister...and a cat for my cousin....All for the price of 6.00!!!! I just love it!! It was beautiful yesterday...temps. in the low 80's...I had to snap a photo of my (still lovely) flowers!!! The last "BURST" before Winter arrives....
Today looks like another warm sunny day...I need to go to the grocery store and hope to work on some tags for a swap...Hope everyone is having a "Serene Sunday".....and...I can't forget to say Thank-You and a big hug to every single one of my blogging buddies!!! for all your kind comments....and wonderful creative support!!!!!! (I'm smiling a HUGE smile right this very minute).....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss those California garage sales. I used to find the coolest stuff when I lived there. Once I went to one that had the coolest hurricane lamp I'd ever seen. It had a tag for three dollars on it and of course I grabbed it up. When I went to pay the lady for it she said, "This is a wonderful piece. Do you realize what I paid for it?" She looked at me kind of mean. I told her I didn't know what she paid for it. She looked at me mean again and said, "Well...you have no idea what I paid for it! Do you?" And I shook my head and handed her the money and left before she changed her mind about selling it to me!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Oh what a cute Catty Cat. Love it, and those little lunch boxes are so cute. I had forgotten those used to exist. My cat collection is growing. I need to get rid of some shelf stuff and expand my cat collection space. I should post pictures of my Cat collection. Aren't garage sales the best. Never tire of the treasure hunt.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Boy, you found some cool stuff! Love the glasses and a coupl of those dolls look quite interesting. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

what a treasure trove you stumbled upon my friend! The garage sales in this area are clothes, clothes and clothes. I miss the days when they were everywhere with treasures just waiting to be uncovered!
XOXO

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License