Saturday, October 21, 2006

Side-tracked.....


I was working on "metal" yesterday...got totally side-tracked!!!! I made this little pin...the back is a bottle cap that I beat flat with a hammer....painted it gold...drilled 3 little holes and added the beads...the middle is a glass pebble with a little fairy behind it...and around the pebble are beads. I have a big box of old junk jewelry that I've collected over the years...the wings and the top are made from pieces of jewelry that I took apart. The picture is not the greatest...but you get the idea! That's what I did with my day yesterday....along with some cleaning and making a trip to town to the local stamp store "Stamp-It-Rich".
I'm up early ....(Saturday)...we are meeting Andy's sister and her friend for breakfast at the local "Waffle Shop". Chicken fried steak with country gravy for me!!!!!! It's supposed to be in the 80's today...another beautiful October day!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An extraordinary piece! The glass pebble and beads give it that special magical touch. Very lovely. It seems to me that you are a fairy in disguise...;-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

That is a beautiful piece that you made. I like the little wings on the side and the dangly beads.

Have a fun day and don't eat too much chicken fried steak and gravy!! Yum...that does sound so good.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

that is absolutely beautiful...there is no end to what you can do. Of course I love that there is a fairy inside!
XOXO

8:50 PM  
Blogger becca said...

you never cease to amaze me girl!! you are so very talented in all that you undertake to do. this is an amazing pin you made and i say it is truly priceless.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Vicci you have outdone yourself. This is so gorgeous. You are endlessly talented. I cannot believe you made this and your description of it is so sweet. Love you cuz, and world this woman is MY cousin and that makes me so very proud to say.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love it girlie! Your talent is not stop! Wish you had been with us yesterday at the stamp show, you would have loved it!

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License