Tuesday, October 17, 2006


This is July's page for Deb's calendar...the brown paper behind the blue is actually sand paper....and inside the little envelope is a poem...a story...and a seashell. Today I'm in my pajamas (lounge pants and a sweatshirt) all day! I'm working on another calendar page...some tags...and some atc's...and listening to music by Mat Kearney.....I'll have to venture outside later and enjoy the sun and the flowers...take Toby for a walk.
I also want to make a coconut cake from scratch...I found a recipe that looks yummy...I got all the ingrediants at the store yesterday.....I'm almost finished with the bottles for the swap...they are both crammed full of all kinds of goodies...then I have a secret sister swap coming up for the Holidays...."The Holidays".....OMG!!! they are coming up quickly!!! I really haven't even started thinking about them!!! I sometimes wish I was the kind of person that right after Christmas started shopping for the following Christmas....then at this time of year I'd be almost done....but...I can't do that. We are usually broke right after Christmas...plus I can't get into shopping in the middle of July when it's 100+ outside! Oh well...maybe I'll start a list!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should get started on my Christmas cards. I always end up making them so late. They do get to people in time (mostly), but I end up having to stay up for a couple of nights (into the wee hours of the morning) to get them finished.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Great Calendar page,,love it. And I feel the same way about Christmas,,I always wait till the last minute. The kids always want $ anyways,,so thats not hard,,lol.
Hugs to you Girlie!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Justgivemepeace said...

Vicci... We do start the day after Christmas.... Not the sales... the gathering. We do "pass the trash", it is so much fun! All year long, you stuff a closet with all the doodads, the junk, that we all aquire... the freebies, the hand-outs, the "what am I supposed to do with this" things we all collect.... and at Christmas we all get together and trade only things made, traded, or gathered. There are some presents that just keep going and going and going..... carrot cakes, the good luck plastic bamboo, Mr Potatoe Heads (on REAL potatoes). Ahhh, the fun we'll have....Thanks for reminding me it's right around the corner!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone!
love your calendar page - it's cute :)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

your calendar page and ATC - fantastic as always!
the holidays? what's that? I can't even wrap my brain around it being nearly Halloween.
XOXO

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License