Friday, October 27, 2006

10 Things to be Happy about Friday!!!!

I am happy about this beautiful view out the kitchen window!!!!
1.duck-egg blue.
2. exchanging enlightening interests.
3. kidnapping your lover.
4. riding a roller coaster.
5. open-air flower markets.
6. the intoxicating smell of bacon frying in the morning.
7. watching someone take a nap.
8. bobbing for apples.
9. being too busy to notice.
10. when you think you're a kid again. AND 5 MORE!
11. HOT, gooey chocolate-chip cookies.
12. a private collection of pleasures.
13. dark blue sky.
14. a smile from a stranger.
15. antique books
16. new friends to help us stay young.
17. small snowmen with twigs for arms.
18. a cat purring.
19. the quiet spirit of holiday music.
20. Caesar salads.
I went to the library yesterday...I found some really nice old books...one was a geography book published in 1922...and the other one is called "The Red Lily"...by Anatole France. This book sounds wonderful...Here is the very first paragraph...On her bare shoulders, touching them lightly with his fingers, he put the great cloak of red velvet embroidered with gold and lined with ermine, and said in a low voice, very briefly and very distinctly: 'The'rese,---I love you".
Sounds good to me...I can't find a date on this book anywhere...but it's very old...it has those old brown crumbly pages...and smells just like a very old book smells...it also has the most beautiful illustrations...with that light parchment paper over each one to protect it...I'm going to have to scan it, and post a photo...I LOVE finding books like this at the library! I get really excited whenever I step through the library door...anticipating what glorious treasures I will find...I could spend all day at the library...I've often dreamt that I get locked in...and I have to spend the night in there....just me...in that huge old place...surrounded by book after book...I even thought about hiding in the bathroom...everyone leaves...and oops! there I am! Ha!

5 Comments:

Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

I love your list this week...
perhaps, I will wake my husband with the smell of bacon cooking & kidnap him. I'll bop some holiday music in the CD palyer as I take him to an open air flower market to buy me some flowers;)then take him for a hike in the woods where I'll make him go bobbing for apples after we eat a bacon-laced caesar salad. After that I'll take him to Six Flags & when all is done, I'll just watch him take a nap. :) Thanks!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

the list was excellent,,love it! Love the view,,so pretty!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really get into libraries too. I like to through all the aisles just gazing at titles and bindings and colors...

I like your list. Nice.

:-)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

When you talked about the book and the library, I could really relate. I LOVE books! I would rather buy a book than just about anything else. And a library is like heaven to me.

Love your list of things for this Friday.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I picked up an old book for you at Beers Books Friday on my way home. I won't tell you what it is, but the author is famous, his picture as a very young man is behind tissue, and it is a first edition in 1911. You're gonna scream outloud. LOL They had the yard sale boxes out again. I just can't resist that. Your 4 tags are so fine. My favorite is Spring though. It is par excellance. You are so talented Vicci. Looking forward to dinner out next Saturday with you, An your Dad, Amanda, Sara, and me too. Will be fun fun fun

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License