Thursday, August 24, 2006

S is for School

The weeks just fly by...today it's a doctor's appt. for me...at 9am.... Toby goes to the vet to have his ears checked at 3....I feel much better today. I think I needed a good nights sleep! I did make the chicken tacos last night....and got all my errands done..the grocery store...the post office...and...I did watch the rockstar elimination show last night. It was Patrice...GOOD! She seemed like a really nice person...but I didn't think she was "rock star" material....I didn't care for her voice...plus I thought she was dull on stage... there are only 6 or 7 more rockers left... just hope Lukas or Storm don't win.....the rest I don't care...although I hope it's Dilana!
Also managed to get some more alphabet atc's done... only have 5 more to do....got Barb's calendar in the mail...I'll work on that today, and mail it off....Oh! also got my music CD in the mail from Kristen which I LOVE...lots of great music on it!
Remember me saying I needed to clean the studio???? Well...guess what! It STILL NEEDS CLEANED! So....just maybe I can get a start on that today! Keep your fingers crossed....and don't hold your breath!
I read an article last night about a painter who is 91 years old...his name is Alan Post...He sold his first painting during the Franklin D. Roosevelt administration and whose expressionistic landscapes, human-figures and still-life scenes have been turning collectors into addicts ever since. He still creates art despite cataract surgery, macular degeneration and a slightly shakier hand....I LOVE reading stories like this....talk about INSPIRATION....
*********************************************************************************
There's no retirement for an artist; it's your way of living, so there's no end to it.------ HenryMoore,sculptor
*********************************************************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Izabella Blue said...

you are sweet sweet sweet!! thanx for your lovely note on my blog :)

after gazing on your beautiful art I am inspired to go create~

love your art, love your inspiring blog!

xo!! ~Bella

2:47 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

You have had been busy! And the studio will wait. Sometimes you just need a little breathing room.

Loved hearing about the artist, Alan Post. I'll have to see if I can find something about him online.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

http://www.sdgallery.com/catalogs/postalan/recent/index.htm

In case any one wants to cut and paste this in if it dosen't come up linked. Top right is "recent" and "older". He is a phenomenon.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License