Thursday, November 29, 2007

November Days



Hi Everyone! Ty is helping Andy burn (more like playing).....and my Dad is sleeping in the old patio chair that my parents had in the 50's....These chairs have been painted many times over...and I can still say they are my very favorite chairs to relax in on the back porch ......
The nights are 'brisk'...but the days are in the 60's.....I just got back from a brisk little walk around the house a few times....it felt so good to be out...I have been limping around since before Thanksgiving. The Monday before I was cleaning the bathroom...I removed some throw rugs to be washed...and went walking around in my socks....I slipped on the floor...caught myself and heard a "POP" in my knee...the next day it was swollen and painful...I have been going very slow ever since...thank goodness Andy was home for 5 days...he was a huge help! It is still not 100% healed....but its really starting to drive me crazy! I am trying to walk around more and more...I made turkey soup yesterday using the last of the leftovers from Thanksgiving...and I started my list for the Christmas baking....been doing lots of reading...and started dusting.....keeping a nice fire going during the day...the house is warm and cozy. I've also been enjoying some of those delicious holiday teas.....gingerbread spice...sugarplum...and eggnog teas...yum! XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Oh dear! I am sorry to hear about your knee Vicci, that sounds very painful. I've had many knee injuries and issues, make sure to take it easy so it heals quickly and man, those goodies sound wonderful! I love the look of that recipe, yummy!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci...so sorry to hear about that fall. Go easy and take care of that knee. Wish we lived closer cuz i know a good bedside Dr. My little Montana :o) He would pat you all day and say 'it's okay' :o) Besides your knee I hope all is well. Take care.

p.s. Those nutty squares just look too divine :o)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I hope your knee is soon healed Vicci..!
I love the photo of your Dad snoozing in the sun..xx
I smiled when I saw the cookie recipe...I loved your posts last Christmas, I gained weight just reading them. Have a great weekend..!
Hugs
xx

12:39 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh my goodness, vicci so sorry to hear of your fall!!! Glad you are going to be OK.

Take care!! OK?

8:04 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Your dad looks so sweet napping in the sun. Made me smile and think of my dad.

I hope your knee is feeling better.

hugs to you Vicci

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License