Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Witches Brew !!!!!!!!!!


" A fun Halloween attention getter. A fake hand is frozen in a latex glove and then slipped into the punch bowl!"
1 10 oz. package frozen raspberries, thawed
2 1/2 cups cranberry juice
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
2 liters ginger ale
2 liters sparkling apple cider
6 gummi snakes candy

1. To make the frozen hand: Wash and rinse the outside of a latex dish-washing glove. Turn glove inside out and set aside. In a 4 cup measuring cup, combine the thawed raspberries and cranberry juice.
2. Pour two cups of the raspberry mixture into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over and let stand 2 minutes. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves. Mix back into the reserved raspberry mixture in the measuring cup.
3. Pour raspberry mixture into the inverted glove. Gather up the top of the glove and tie securely with kitchen twine. Freeze until solid.
4. To serve: Carefully cut latex glove away from frozen hand. Place frozen hand, palm side up, leaning against side of large punch bowl. Pour in ginger ale and sparkiling cider. Garnish with gummy snakes.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! I think this kind would be safe to drink too! Saw you link from Suzie and thought I would stop by. I love paper too! Happy Halloween. :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Wow, I know what this is, but I still would be scared to drink it..!
That email scared the c**p outa me..I'm gonna get you for that..!
Happy Halloween...
LOL

2:42 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Thank you for this post...Sounds yummy and gory! Glad your dad is okay. I laughed because I remember watching the Rifleman with my mom. She just loved that show. Mind you we didn't have a lot of options back then! Happy Halloween!

Hugs Sherrie

5:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

made me take a second look vicci! Yikes! Bet it is fun!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

OMG! That looks very creepy!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Vicci: I've been so bad on checking posts the last few days, and wow....I miised a lot. You have some great one here!!!

Remember the scare, when someone found a thumb in Wendy's chili.....!! Wow your's has a whole hand!!! Help!!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I love it! I think I saw the guy on Easy Entertaining making this one and he did it with a green hand. The red is really creepy, awesome!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUTTON said....
I like this! very cool. your pumpkins are awesome! hope it was a fun day for you, love ya

10:34 AM  
Anonymous obat kista said...

She just loved that show, Sounds yummy and gory! Glad your dad is okay .thank you nice post

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License