Monday, October 22, 2007

SPLENDOR


Had to share this picture of the most awesome Japanese Maple.......things are so busy....but the good news is that my Dad is doing well....the spot they found on his lung is NOT cancer.....we are still going to Sacramento for doctor appts.....I bought him a DVD over the weekend of "The Rifleman" ......the old TV series with Chuck Conners and Johnny Crawford....( I had a crush on Johnny Crawford)......:-) He is enjoying watching that right this very minute!
I want to THANK all of you....my precious blogging friends for leaving such thoughtful and kind e-mails.....you are the very best!
I am slowly working in the studio....switching a desk.... I even managed to complete a few projects to mail out tomorrow.....I still have more to go........the weather could not be more perfect....it is supposed to be in the 70's this week...and a few days in the 80's in Sacramento....
Another exciting event that happened around here is the BEAR SIGHTINGS....a MAMA bear and 3 cubs......they clawed a tent and bent one of the tent poles to reach some cat food....my brother and sister-in-law were trying to scare them away...one of the cubs climbed up in one of the big pine trees...Mama bear ran off...and the cubs followed...we have been finding bear 'droppings' in the area....
Although the weather is nice right now.....last week was very wet....looks like it might be a long wet Winter.....I am reaching out to all of you....and giving you all big hugs...XXXXOOOOOO

11 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Hey Girlie,,Such good news about your DAD!!! That maple is beutiful. I have wrote you several e-mails but not sure if you have got them. Send me a e-mail and let me know. tntallgal@comcast.net
xoxoxoxooxxoox

9:12 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I am so happy to hear that great news about your Dad! Yay! Oh big hug to you both.

Great Goddess that is an astounding picture, thank you for letting us know what kind of tree it is, the body of it looks so much like the Garry oaks here, I had no idea that Japanese maples look so similar.

So wonderful to hear from you!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUTTON said...
Hi honey, yes great news about our dad. I love to see the bears! how fun! love you

5:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I've been wondering about you, your Dad, things in general. I feel quite remiss in not calling you. I didn't realize there was a scare like that with your Dad, I am so glad the news was good. It sounds like you're your usual busy, busy self. I hope in the near future there will be a moment we can chat!
Sending love and hugs,
Lisa
XOXOXOXO

7:40 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Love ya Vic!
So glad dad doesn't have cancer. Yay!!!!
So glad he is on the mend. Post some photos of him again, will ya?
xo
Gillian

8:35 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Great news about your Dad. So it's true then. bears do **** in the woods..!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Vicci: What a wonderful post. What a magnificent photo. So glad your dad is doing well. I loved the Riffleman, and so did my dad.
Give your dad my love!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Oh Vicci, I am so happy for you and your dad. What wonderful news.

I had to laugh... Sheila's comment! LOL!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

What GREAT news about your Dad!!! Will keep him in my prayers every night...
The tree photo is just incredible - a perfect bit of Autumn beauty!
Thinking of you :) xox Deb

9:22 AM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

As usual, Vicci, I am remiss checking in here. I'm very glad to hear that the health scare for your dad was simply that, a scare. It is so difficult to approach the closing of this chapter of a loved one's life. Every threat is a disruption and takes time to bounce back from.

I loved Rifleman as a young girl. I thought Clint Walker was a total hunk.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

I'm in absolute awe of this tree...just amazing!

Hugs Sherrie

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License