Monday, October 01, 2007

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WONDERFUL DAY


We did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING yesterday !!!!!!!
WE lounged around on the unmade bed with scrunched up quilts and pillows.....our dog, Toby....lots of books and newspapers....drinking fresh squeezed orange juice...eating....eating....eating....
We watched 2 movies...."Wyatt Earp"....and "The Prize Winner of DeFiance, Ohio"...which we both really enjoyed....ate TEMPURA for dinner....talked....laughed.......all cozy and warm.....
" I Love When A DAY LIKE THIS HAPPENS"..................
It's funny..because I'm in the middle of reading a book by Elizabeth Gilbert called "eat pray...love"......(which I do love).....and, in the kick-back mode of yesterday I came across this paragraph on page 113......
"No town can live peacefully, whatever its laws," Plato wrote, "when its citizens....do nothing but FEAST and DRINK and tire themselves out in the cares of love."
But is it such a bad thing to live like this for just a little while? Just for a few months of ones's life, (or one day)....is it so awful to travel through time with no greater ambition than to find the next lovely meal? Or to learn how to speak a language for no higher purpose than that it pleases your ear to hear it? Or to nap in a garden, in a patch of sunlight, in the middle of the day, right next to your favorite fountain? And then do it again the next day?..........
This is what my yesterday felt like......I hope every single one of you have days like this....when you do absolutely NOTHING....but enjoy LIFE! XXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Timme said...

It must be fall weather and the fact we are having less sunlight as people are in a very reminiscing mood, today.

I think for me fall is about gathering in and joy that the heat is gone for the season. And sneezing! No frost here yet, just lots of wind and who knows what from the desert.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Sounds like a delightful day. I have e-mailed you several times, I am wondering if your e-mail addy has changed? Is it still at Hot mail? Miss You!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUTTON said...
I saw that very book on a table yesterday! sounds like you had a wonderful day! I need one of those. love you

7:04 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Well wow, sounds like you had a great day. I love days like this too.

But I've been busy visiting thrift stores...

have a great day tomorrow.

sandy

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License