Monday, September 24, 2007

Cosmos and Rain




Hello...my sweet ones...has it really been since September 19th that I have blogged???!!!! They say time goes by while you are having fun....Last week I enjoyed all the wonderful rain we had....I went for walks in the rain with Toby, and loved looking at his tiny little wet paw prints on the dry cement.....I made Andy a cake... we enjoyed a pot roast dinner for his birthday dinner......we got alot of things done too....cleaned the back porch... put all the lawn furniture away for the Winter...I enjoyed the vase of beautiful cosmos that I picked (before the rain came) for in the kitchen...(photo above)....we also cut some wood to get ready for cold weather...we watched the movie "City Slickers".....we have seen this movie many times..but I wanted to watch it again! I especially love "Norman" in the movie! I have been reading like crazy lately...I just finished reading "Krakatoa" about the volcano that exploded in the late 1800's..., and I finished a book about the tragedy of the "Lusitania"...I love a good historical novel! I'm reading a children's book now about a little mouse...the title is "The Tale of....Despereaux...being the story of a mouse. a princess, some soup, and a spool of thread"...I'm reading this one out loud to my cat Shaquille...and my doggums Toby for practice because I am going to volunteer reading to children at our local library..if my animals like it...then it's all good...speaking of good....be sure to watch channel 6, or your local PBS station for the mini series called "The War".....it's the epic tale all about World War II....I am watching it with my Dad...it's very emotional.....it started last night at 8pm...and continues on for the next 6 days...there is also a companion book to the series that you can buy at Walmart...although it's rather "pricey".....Fall is here.....it feels so good...I'm going for a drive today to take some photos of the Fall colors......hope all is well with all of you.....love...XXXXOOOOOOOO

6 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

We actually got a little bit of rain over the weekend! You sound as if you're busy with so many things....but they're all good. I could just see you reading to your pets!! I'm sure they love it. Any attention I give my cats is good for them. They just lap it up.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

We had a little rain on Saturday, and I had to drive in it to get to a meeting a couple hours away. I think I scared my passengers. Oh well!! Love the idea of you reading to the children at the Library. I love to read to my Molly...dog stories of course.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

I wish my daddy was here to watch it with. I'm 65, and he died when he was 48, having served his country in WWII as a bronze star medal hero. I so glad you still have yours.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

We have some rain and cooler temps heading our way. So ready for more FALL temps. Working alot so not reading so much. I might volunteer here at the Adult High School that I work at and teach reading to Adults. I Love to read.
Looks like you are ready for winter now Girlie!! Missed you!
xoxoxoxoxooxox

6:38 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Hey Vicci!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It had just been so crazy around here and I hadn't been reading many blogs, then it had been so long I felt stupid coming back and guilty about not reading...blah, blah, blah...

ANYWAY...I am totally jealous of your weather, and I am totally in love with that picture of the purple flower in the middle of your 'September Surge'post! Absolutely beautiful! I think it would make a gorgeous transparency! Plus...I do love reading about all of your little road trips, and seeing the pictures of your part of the world...I have to get up there one of these days! I'll definitely be back now!

OH! And Allison had to read "The Tales of Despereaux" (sp?) for school a couple of years ago...it's STILL on our counter in the kitchen that is the kids little art space! lol!

*gotta go make that appointment for a mammogram, now...

3:41 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

Morning Sunshine! It's rainy here and you just made that beautiful! I just batteries in my camera last night, so I think I'll follow your lead....and take pictures of the day!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License