Saturday, November 03, 2007

Eggnog Coffee Cake


Since they are selling eggnog in the grocery stores right now..thought I'd share this delicious recipe for eggnog coffee cake...it's really easy...and yummy!
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup eggnog
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Topping:
1 1/4 cups chpped pecans or walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch fluted or plain tube pan. In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, eggnog and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture. Prepare topping by combining nuts, sugar and cinnamon. Scatter half the topping evenly over bottom of pan. Spoon in half batter. Add remaining topping and spoon on remaining batter. Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Timme said...

Oh no! I'm still full from our hours long breakfast, but this looks sooooooooo good!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Since I love eggnog so much I have to try this one....plus the picture looks so good I'm drooling.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

This looks SCRUMPTUOUS Vicci! I am absolutely going to make this one.

BTW, I mentioned your splendid Japanese maple in my post about finding fire, thank you for the inspiration.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

This looks good.
It is coming up to your marathon baking time..will you make all those cookies again this year..?

I was amazed last year at the numer and variety you made. Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven..LOL

6:29 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

I've been looking for an Eggnog Coffe Cake recipe...Thanks, it looks wonderful. I want to make it for my Wednesday Morning Bible Study.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License