Thursday, July 19, 2007

ART and the Morning Sky




Finally...I finished one of the pages for Debbie's shape-design book...this one is the shape of an 'arch'............since we are in the middle of high Summer I thought I would do something vintage concerning "the Sea"......woke up yesterday to the morning sky (above)...it was a cool wonderful change for the day...I can't believe how GREAT the temps. have been....we've had so few days with temps. being in the 100's......it's PERFECT !
I'm working like mad to get all the chores done so I can shut myself up in the studio and get some ART DONE....I have lots due by the 1st of August! Ty's birthday was a smashing success yesterday...she had a "birthday" slumber-party....I had a routine doctor's appt. then...Andy and I treated ourselves to a Chinese lunch.....(General's Chicken) my favorite !!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Both your work and the sky are stunning! I love your creations Vicci. I'm also so happy to hear that the birthday celebration went so well.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

How neat is that! Very! Good for you. Birthdays are popular this time of year. We know what people were up to, pun intended, last October or so don't we?

You sound tired today, (from the heat?) but content? Am I right!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hey Girlie,,oh wow,,I do love the page you did, its so awesome and the sky is beautiful too! I am glad its cooler there, we are finally getting some relief from the heat and humidity too.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

oooh! so pretty!

It is going to start heating up again!

Your grand-daughter is so beautiful! It was nice to see her grow through the years. Your mom, you and Ty all look so much alike! I think that is so cool!

As singleton would say "love grows~"

;)

9:12 AM  
Blogger kansasrose said...

Hi Vicci! What a cool blog you have! Very inspiring. Hey..I had to go to invited reader on my blog yesterday but I would love to have you as a reader. I'll send you an invite. Email me at JRoesner80@aol.com and I'll send you an invite. Your sky is and the art piece is beautiful! xxxooo

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

I LOVE the pages!! They are absolutely beautiful!! Have you seen the Cloth, Paper, Scissors challenge to send in photos of your studio. You should do it!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Your art my dear friend is a celebration of your amazing talent! YOWEE!!
So happy Ty's birthday was fun and successful but now a little bird says it's someone else's birthday TOMORROW???? Is this so?
I think a phone call is in order! ;)
Love and hugs,
Lisa
XOXO

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Vicci, thanks for visiting my blog. Seems like you are an animal lover too.

I'm not sure what your art objects are but they are interesting. Do they hang on trees?

Love your colorful sky :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Happy Birthday Vicci! (I am over here from your new friend Tammy's blog. So glad she's found a friend!--You'll LOVE her.) Hope your day was good.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License