Friday, April 20, 2007

More Vintage Family Photos..Happy Things Friday





It is time for me to start posting more vintage photos....the little girl above in the pony cart is my Dad's cousin, Marion...She passed away yesterday the 19th...I believe she was 93 or 94 years old.....I just got the news this morning...this is for her son...Walter. I'm going to try to post some vintage photos every week....
The first photo above is my Dad and my Aunt Sis (working in the garden)...this photo is funny to me...my Dad went on years later to join the Navy...He loved it...and always has a great story to tell...I find it prophetic that in this photo he is wearing a sailor cap.
The second photo is my Dad...my Grandmother and my Aunt Sis at Santa Cruz in 1924..Look at my Aunt's balloon..it looks like a giant pickle...maybe thats what it's supposed to be?
The next photo is my Dad and my Aunt at Yosemite feeding the deer in 1928. I have a photo (somewhere) of me in Yosemite also feeding the deer.....History really does repeat itself!
Since today is Friday...it's time for my "Friday List".........Here goes....
tubing= floating downriver in an inner tube
hidden windows
ages and eras of history
cleaning the whole house
gleaming shells in jewel colors, half-buried in pearl-white sand
leftover flower children
logs and fires
echoes in a cave
things that are part of our dreams and hopes
white frame houses in tiny hamlets
making a list of things that money can't buy
taking yourself to lunch
silk screening
limbo contests
sunday afternoon cooking
a carpet of wild strawberries
a pot of blooming tulips
a special moment in time
living a long, long time
a zillion breezy notions
bunches of asparagus, tied with ribbons, in a basket
spontaneity
paper dolls
shades of velvet blue
laughing till you cry
a bonfire by the lake

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Oh lord Vicci I LOVE YOUR POSTS.
I love the photos of Marion, your dad, your Gram. Can you believe people used to get all togged out like that to go to the beach? I could step into these photos, especially the one of your Marion there on the horse and buggy! And your dad was, and IS, a cutie pie. Tell him I said so.
Your list gives me so much to be grateful for.
ATC en route for you, watch out for mail birdies!
Love ya girl! xo

12:09 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Sorry about Marion too Vicci. I forgot to mention it...I was so eager about your photos. How rude of me! xo

12:10 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Sorry to hear of Marion's passing. My last living aunt is 97 and I love the old vintage pictures of her.
The pictures are wonderful, and time does repeat itself..I have a picture of me and my dad in Yosemite with a deer.
Lovey post as always.
xoxo

2:52 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Beautiful photos of happy days gone by. I love, love, love photos of your Dad..he is so cute. I also love how he and his sister spent time together..
Marion lived a good long life, I'm sorry for your family that she is gone, I'm sure she will be missed.
How do you keep coming up with these wonderful lists on Friday..
each one better than the last..
Luv ya..!
xx

3:51 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Old photos, vintage sounds so much better, but I think of mine as old, are so much fun. Thanks for sharing that. My Aunt Dorothy died last year a few days after her 95th birthday! She was the oldest of anyone I know in either of my Aunts and Uncles. The horse and buggy was my fav. Thanks,

5:16 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I love your vintage photos!

Your dad and aunt are so cute together!

That beach picture is great! Boy times have changed!!

Sorry to hear about Marion's passing... I am sure she will be missed!

I love your Friday lists!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Don't you wish you could just walk into that era and see how it felt? Hard in some ways, yet easier in others....Great photos...sorry about the family loss!

Hugs Sherrie

3:09 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Your Friday lists always rock. I saw the last two items come to fruition this week-end :) Yay!
Girl...you are an inspiration!
XOXOXOX

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License