Monday, April 16, 2007


I use to collect rocks....for this reason! I paint them! I'd say to Andy...lets go to the river so I can find animal rocks...(good excuse as any)...instead of seeing just plain old rocks...I started seeing animal shapes...oooh look there's an owl....these are two of the "owls" that I painted..they live outside in one of the flowerpots now....
It's a beautiful Monday morning. I'm still in the "you know what"....but decided to just let it go...it will come when we are both ready...I do feel it getting closer...that's a good sign!
I took little Toby in this morning for his grooming.....time to make breakfast for Dad.... when it's time to go get Toby I'm going to stop at one of the local tobacco shops and see if they have any cigar boxes....I sorta..kinda...have an idea for a shadow box assemblage.....it's just GETTING STARTED ON IT !!!!!!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Your painted stones are WONDERFUL! Such character and personality.

I sense creativity is brewing...just don't rush it.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

These are wise looking owls...I love them Vicci..
Hang in there soon IT will all come back, and there won't be enough hours in the day to keep up with your ideas..!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Those owls are adorable...great way to dress up plant pots. Last year I bought some with imagine, hope, and peace on them and stuck them in the garden!!They weren't real rocks. This year maybe I will make my own!

Peace Giggles

2:36 PM  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

What a fun idea. I also like that they look after your plants at night.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Searching out the box is definitely a start. And eat your hearts out everyone, I'm the proud owner of one of Vicci's wonderful painted rocks. Right now it is packed in a box with my cat collection. I will take a picture one day and post it. They are oh so cute.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Justgivemepeace said...

You rock, Vicci! Totally rock!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Whooo are these guys then? LOL
Get it?
Sooo cute Vic. Love em. Love them owls! xo

7:27 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Vicci, those rocks are cute!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Oh my goodness....those are the most darling owls. I want one in my flower pot!!
We use to make owls with our thumb print and add eyes, beek, etc.
Did you ever do that?

10:53 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Love your painted rocks! I have two books on the subject but my problem is finding nice smooth rocks.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Its ok Girlie,,your mojo will come back, I promise. We all get in those little slumps,,at least I do and quite frequently. Hang in there.
I Love those little Owlies,,so cute!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

3:17 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I collect rocks too, but I have never painted them. Your owls are cool!

Your cigar box sounds like a great start on an idea.... can't wait to see what you have created!

Your idea's ROCK!! (Get it?)

Love ya
:)

7:39 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Awww Vicci! I love your owls! They are beautiful and your visionary talent blows my mind. This week-end, I found several more heart shaped rocks & I found myself thinking about you...
Lol, I have a huge collection of cigar boxes too.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License