Friday, April 13, 2007

Combine the Two.....


Well...I got a late start this morning..took Ty to school because her Mom and Dad were both at work....I decided to combine my Friday lists with some more old photos...and I promise I won't bore you anymore with all these old photos...the photo taken above was taken in 1972..I'm sitting out in the front yard (the very same front yard I'm still sitting out in)...and it's blowing my mind..because it is sooooo different...all the baby trees are now GIANTS....the small bushes are now huge....instead of dirt...there is now green grass....the old chair I'm sitting in we still have..and still sit in...only it's a different color..my parents bought these 50's patio chairs with them when we moved out here to California from the East coast...Granny dresses were popular back in 72.....(thats what we called them), and that's what I'm wearing. The old cadillac in the background belonged to one of my brother's friends...he is now passed away...........I am not nearly this skinny now! (darn) That little bush behind me...is the VERY SAME flowering quince bush that you have probably seen in lots of my recent flower photos...my hair is still long...but not quite this long....but one thing IS STILL the same....I was sitting out in the front yard...thinking...and I still sit outside and think...and enjoy the peace and quiet....I also still wear my slippers outside.....Below are lots more old photos, and I've combined them with todays Friday list...some things never change...
I've really enjoyed looking at all the photos everyone has posted ......it's been a fun trip down memory lane!
Tonight Andy and I are going to our Granddaughter's softball game.....as the "magpie" fairies would say...it just keeps going on and on......

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Vicci these are great, I've loved everyone..!
where did the years go...?
I still like to sit alone and think.. so I understand completely how you feel...love that granny dress...
And Yeh..!
where did those clothes go...??
LOL

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vicci,
I enjoyed looking at all the old pics...what have u been doing? Did you ever start and altered book...miss you at the site.
Jane W.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I don't think it's boring AT ALL - I think it's fun to see these photos and now I want to try and dig up more of my own. Oh yes, granny dresses, I ALWAYS wore long dresses back then with granny boots (the kind that laced up the front) OR Red Wing work boot style boots. You know, I kind of miss all that in a way. If only I'd thought to save a few things from back then - just for nostalgia because lord knows I could NEVER fit in them now!! And I miss my long hair too, it's taking so long to get it back after so many starts and stops. (I kept cutting it).
XOXO
Love,
Lisa
p.s. I love the fact you still sit and think in the very same place!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Oh you are so bloody cute. Vicci what a great idea to post these, I love them...way to go you and your awesome ideas! Love ya!xo

8:03 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Vicci ~ I found you through Angela's post...what great pictures and what a great challenge. I took it and what fun!
Thanks for a new post to visit.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Diandra said...

It's neat to think that things change, and we, our physical being's change as time moves onward. We look back at our past and we don't realize that our inner, psychological, emotional being's have changed along with our perpective of everything around us. That little tree you remember, grew, and is now big. You look at it, remembering it as you saw it younger. I have memories of things too, like this, only say walking into a room where a table used to be level with my eyes, and is now shorter than me. It's strange to see the world from such a high distance. What a blessing it is to be able to change WITH the world.

I hope you enjoy watching the game!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I did some more on your challenge. I started looking at my old photo album and just couldn't resist.

http://cattycatspeaks.blogspot.com/2007/04/more-looking-back-20-years.html

10:08 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Oh Vicci...priceless! Time brings change indeed, but somethings always remain the same...like the peaceful feeling that comes when sitting outside taking it all in. I love your granny dress & wish they would come back in style!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License