Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Most Yummy Carrot Cake


If you like carrot cake...you will LOVE this recipe. (serves 12-15)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teas. baking soda
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 teas. vanilla
2 cups carrots, grated
1 cup coconut, shredded
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Preheat oven to 350. Sift together the dry ingrediants. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla, beating well. Fold in carrots, coconut, walnuts, and pineapple. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. (I used 3 round cake pans). Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cake completely. Frost with lemon cream cheese frosting. (recipe below).
***********************************************************
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
8oz. cream cheese, soft
7 tab. butter, soft
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teas. vanilla
juice of 1/2 lemon
Combine the cream cheese and butter. Sift in the powdered sugar, beat well until mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Frost cake. Oh..Yum...Yum...Yum....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I love carrot cake but NO nuts in it. When G and got married I asked for a carrot cake as our wedding cake, with cream cheese frosting. It was beautiful to look at and very us. when it came time to cut and feed one another a slice I realized I had forgotten something....I had neglected to tell the baker NO nuts in the cake..and there they were..walnuts. I had to somehow discreetly remove it to a napkin and had no more of our cake. I am not allergic, they just literally make me sick to even smell walnuts. SO, I will copy and paste your recipe and leave that part out!
Thanks for sharing it - hope you didn't mind my little story.
XOXO

7:38 PM  
Blogger eb said...

I so enjoyed my visit to you this morning - all of your recent posts were a delight - and I loved your list of 100 - many would be in mine

xox - eb.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License