Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Things Friday


acres of books
that happy-go-lucky feeling
driving an old pick-up truck
foreign stamps
eating a ripe peach and letting the juice trickle down your chin
buying flowers for home on Fridays
the green shoots of new plants
the pure promise of dawn
going to yard sales early on summer mornings
a place of secret magic where nature alone quietly renews itself
resting under cool trees
a bed of fresh moss
the first day of sandals
echoes in a cave
things that are part of our dreams and hopes
the quack of a duck
the most perfect of any music filling the air
making root beer floats with long spoons and straws
singing in cars
catching a butterfly in the palm of your hand and letting it go
**************************************
Another wonderful Friday.....it is very quiet around here...my Dad is gone on a little vacation to the coast with my brother. The animals and I have this huge old house all to ourselves......it's going to be VERY warm outside today. I hope everyone has a "Spring Day"...filled with warmth and brightness.
Another atc above...using the gesso image technique from Bernie's book.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Love your list....you always have so many good things (much better than Martha's!!)
The gesso method you're doing is just fantastic. I've tried it and think I need to work on mine!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I adore your Fridays lists Vicci, just reading them takes me to a better place..Hugs
xx

1:03 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You call these last posts doodling? Is there any art you can't do? Fabulous art :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

These atc's are interesting. Is there anything you can't do?

Love your Friday List!

Enjoy your week-end!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hey Girlie,,I just love those ATCs you have been doing. I have tried that technique too, in fact I sent Maryellen a ATC that I did with that tech. Don't you just love that book? I have ordered Sally Jeans "Pretty things" book from Amazon.
Have a great week-end and a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Love Love Love That ATC! Beautiful!
Hahaha...there is something quite liberating about singing in the car. I, even think I sound better... or maybe that's just because I cannot hear myself!
Good Week-end to you & the critters!
xoxox

3:32 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

hope you are enjoying your "break" Vicci.
I also hope your dad is having fun!
I love the list, makes me feel grateful.xxo

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Yeah, Vicci. I love those Air Traffic Controllers you've been doing lately. Do you ever get any of their names?

And that picture? Yeah, that brunette there at the top of this post? Yeah well, daddy like. Daddy like a LAWGHT!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I hope the silence today means you and An are just enjoying having the house to just you 2. How sweet that must be. And how great your Dad, my Unkee Bruce, is off on a journey with Larry.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Vicci
I was looking for a picture for a song I am releasing. It's called Too Much Make Up. I was wondering if I can use your painting for it?
The song is here:

http://www.jango.com/music/Rogier+van+den+Brink?l=0

6:14 PM  
Blogger vicci said...

YES...you may!....:-)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License