Wednesday, March 14, 2007

For Blue...Gawpo....and....




Anyone else that can remember "Days on the Green"...at the Oakland Coliseum in the 70's...These were taken in 75...Bands that day were...The Eagles...The Doobie Brothers...Peter Frampton...and Robin Trower. The empty seat...that you can see most of...was mine...(I'm sitting next to my sister, Tina)...the row below is my brother (guy with mustache)...and on the end is my other sister, Button. Look at all the people! I do remember it being super HOT...(it was in August)...no wonder...everyone looks crammed in there like sardines! I also remember wearing cut-offs...and a bikini top...what good memories...This all started yesterday when Blue mentioned listening to CSN&Y...then Gawpo said something about seeing them at the Oakland Coliseum....one thing lead to another...I found these old photos last night!
I'm gonna listen to more good music today....another all time favorite...Santana.
I did bake the carrot cake yesterday...also got the Weber going for some BBQued chicken...it was very warm! Today's alittle cooler...but still in the 70's...I'm helping my Dad get ready for his trip to the coast with my brother...which means I get a little mini vacation also...I have lots of projects! Does anyone else have some good memories of concerts they went to ???? Way back when???!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I think Blue's post got many of is thinking back. I've lived here all my life and can you believe I never went to any Day on the Green??? WHAT THE?
I actually was listening to CSN while in my studio today and another great CD that brings back those old days is the sound track to A WAlk on the Moon. (movie) Joni Mitchell of course takes me there too...I've been a major fan forever. Even now I listen to her and dream of being a lady in the canyon. Funny, I prefer the music then to music now...for the most part.
Great photos, what memories!
XOXO

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I have good memories of concerts I saw in the UK before I left to come to Canada. In that time all the bands that later became quite big, and some that didn't ! appeared locally. We could see them up close and personal for very little money. The Stones, The Yardbirds, The Hollies, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Cilla Black, Tom Jones, The Walker Brothers(loved them)Stevie Winwood,The Animals, Freddie and the Dreamers and many more. I had my photo taken with Bill Wyman, touched Mick and had one of Charlies drum sticks, could life be any better..!
I liked the Stones more than any of them since I loved anything bluesy. The one concert I wish I remembered more about was in Birmingham, when I went to see an all star blues line up of Sugar Pie de Santo, Sleepy John Estes, and Lightnin' Hopkins. While my friends were all gaga for the Fab Four I was loving The Blues..My friends brother was the founder member of Chicken Shack.We had some great times.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I do remember Day on the Green. One of them I went to was the first migraine I ever had. What an odd memory. LOL

8:43 PM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Gosh! I would have loved to have been there! Such classics!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Button said.
these pictures are awesome! look how long my hair was! and yes what a great line up! wow I was only eighteen!!! what memories, wow

7:15 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I have been to "Day on the Green" several times! Those were care free times! I know that we have also been to "Mountain Air" concerts! Yes, those were the days! Good memories!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at this concert. It was Peter Frampton, Robin Trower, Dave Mason, Gary Wright and Fleetwood Mac at the Oakland Coliseum - August 3, 1975 (Day On The Green #3, called "The British Are Coming"). The Doobie Brothers and Eagles were there on June 29. 1975.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License