Sunday, September 17, 2006

"Still Havin Way Too Much FUN"!!!!!

Saturday morning after the EJ night....Mary and I drove around her neighborhood doing the garage sale scene....(believe me...Maryellen can spot a garage sale a mile away)! That woman has a nose for spotting the BEST ones! Let me just say....I CAME away from Sacramento with TONS more stuff than I came with!!! I'll put it this way...I'm making arrangements right now to go BACK down to Sacramento on Saturday to pick up a beautiful piece of vintage furniture that is in excellent condition....and was an absolute STEAL!!!! I almost fainted when I heard the price!
I am SMILING SOOOOO HUGE RIGHT NOW!!!!!
There are many things that I can do with this...but..I have decided to put it in the studio! (for now)....hey....who knows???? just maybe it will give me more space in there...so I am better organized!!!
No laughing now! too hard anyway!!!!
I've been really really cleaning the studio today to make room for this....that's it in the photo...I can't wait to get that thing home...and start in!!!
NOW....I'M downright GRINNING!!!!!!
I also managed to score some GREAT old prints and paper for my ART...lots of "little doo-dads" for embellishment...a really cool old looking urn that I'm going to use as a planter for outside...a beautiful table runner with lace on the ends that is in perfect condition...a smaller type cabinet with little doors and shelves....PLUS.....Mary gave me a HUGE bag of beads.....!!! and beautiful Amanda and Sara bought me my Elton John T-shirt!!!! My cup runneth over this weekend!!!! I am so grateful!!! and FULL of so much LOVE right now...I could burst!!!! Thank-you...Thank-you....Thank-you!!!!!!! XXXXOOOOOOOO

13 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

you are one lucky gal!! when you come back to earth, I cannot wait to hear about the concert!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oops, wrote that befor I read the previous post - ! but you are still a lucky gal !

4:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

and I can just see that cupboard full of arty stuff, falling out, shelves chock a block full of art!! well done, good buy xoxo

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci that is a nice hutch! you scored girl!

7:10 AM  
Blogger kansasrose said...

Very beautiful and cool hutch...and Elton John. What more could a gal want in a day? Are you going to leave the hutch as is? I love the color.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Hey vic - go check your email later. Sending the photoshop tips. What one does when one is home sick. I think I can try work tomorrow, but I will be honest and come home if my bod says to. Love your lil story here. Seems I somehow know a more detailed longer (much longer) version. LOL We had so much fun despite. Huh?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Oh Vicci, you lucky lucky girl to find that beautiful piece of furniture, what a gem it is. YOu must be thrilled. A wonderful piece of furniture, other wonderful bits and bobs and Elton John all in one weekend! I doubt any one could better that.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You lucky Girlie!!! I Love the cupboard. And it sounds like you had a blast at the EJ concert. I would love to see him!! Bernie Taupin use to live here in Nashville,,not sure if he still has a home here or not.
I can't wait to see that cupboard full of your crafty stuff. Glad you had such a wonderful week-end!
Take care Girlie!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Omigosh, Vicci, I'm positively swooning. What a fabulous find.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

what a truly fabulous find!!! I keep looking at it thinking of all its possibilities...both for use AND how I'd alter it - heehee. PLUS all the other things you acquired....you, my dear Vicci, had a pretty amazing weekend all the way around...no wonder your smiling so bright!!
xoxo
p.s. you must take a photo when it's home and in place!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

it seems that it is about a twelve hour flight from here to there - when do you want me to come help - oh we can dream, can we not?

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey woman!!!
I just received your post card!
AND you did score!!!! I love it!

8:17 PM  
Blogger becca said...

how about that green? will look good in that green truck eh? it may be a little difficult to get it out of the truck at your house...maybe we should try OUR place instead!! teehee

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License