Sunday, September 17, 2006

"Fantastical" FUN and The Captain and The Kid

Arco Arena....Sacramento, California...Friday night at 8pm was the ONE and ONLY place to be!!!!!!! Elton John rocked the place for a solid 3 hours!!!! (MAN!!!! can he whale on that piano...or what!!!?????) He opened the show with "Philadelphia Freedom"..and continued to play hit after hit song which included......Levon....Tiny Dancer....Rocket Man...Crocodile Rock...Daniel..Saturday's alright for Fighting...Yellow Brick Road....Candle In the Wind...Bennie and the Jets...Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me...The Bitch Is Back...Someone Saved my Life Tonight...Guess That's Why They Call it The Blues...and more!!!! He told everybody about his new CD...."The Captain and The Kid".....
This CD is about his relationship with his friend and songwriter (one of the best songwriters I might add), Bernie Taupin...and the wonderful music they both created over a span of 30 years. Elton played a total of 9 songs from that new CD...and they are awesome!
After rockin...for an entire 3 hours....and 2 encores...later...he finished off the night with "Your Song"....everyone was singing and "flickin the Bics" to that one!!! I personally danced...sang...clapped...screamed...yelled.....and downright rocked and rolled...for 3 hours until I was about ready to collapse...and I was LOVIN every single wonderful kick-ass music stompin bit of it!!!!!! I think I'm still on a "Too much fun high"!!!! I've been playing Elton John CDs ever since I got back home!
The girls dropped me off back at Mary's place alittle after midnight...(it took alittle longer getting home because we got LOST in the parking Lot trying to find the car after the concert)...maybe it was those 8.00 cups of Bud Light!....) haha! Anyway...I was one tired but HAPPY little camper!
My poor cousin...Maryellen...she didn't even go to the concert...after all that planning and looking forward to it!!!! she decided the day before the concert to come down with that same flu that Beth had!!!! She gave us her blessing...and told us to "Go...and Have fun"....and WE DID EXACTLY THAT!!!!! just for her!!!! Bless her for being so SWEET!!!!
Sacramento was the 1st stop on Elton's tour....he will be playing in Utah....Idaho...Seattle...Oregon...BC and AB Canada...PA....and Atlantic City New Jersey...If you are in those areas...and get a chance to go....GO!!!!!! You will not be disappointed!
*******"It's alittle bit funny....this feeling Inside"********
*******"I'm not one of those ...who can easily hide"*******
*******"Don't have much money....but...if I did"*******
*********"I'd buy a big house Boy...where we both would live"******
I JUST LOVE that SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS......The picture above is the cover of the new CD "The Captain and the Kid"...that's Elton on the piano...(of course)...and Bernie on the horse...He now lives on a big beautiful ranch...that is where this photo was taken!
The rest of my weekend...is posted above! (It ain't over yet!!!!!!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

So it is Bernie not David huh? It loods so much like his husband David. Hey, you spelled my name Merry, I know you are still tired! LOL Time to go edit! I've been checking ever now and again all day to read what you wrote about the concert. I'm really sososososososo glad you had so much fun.

8:07 PM  
Blogger vicci said...

Sorry MARY!!!!! I am still way too tired...I'm going to bed very soon....I went back in and changed the spelling!!! I had so much fun that merry came so easily! Love ya! hope you are BETTER soon!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Justgivemepeace said...

Im lovin' it! Sounds like you were basking in the afterglow all week-end! Oh, the magic music can weave....Am so thrilled you girls had a blast ! Peace, love, and you brought home the new CD, right?
PS I didn't forget, and Friday night I DID blast the music and pretend! Right there behind you girls!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

wow - a once in a lifetime concert for sure!

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The concert sounds like it was a blast! I would have loved to have been there with you. just keep being happy and enjoy life to it's fullest my dear. love you so much.

7:20 AM  
Blogger kansasrose said...

EJ is just one of the greats.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am sooo glad the concert was all that and more!!!! Your joy is just beaming through the computer screen!! I would love to see him perform live some day. Thanks for the heads up on the new CD too!
xoxo

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License