Friday, August 25, 2006

14,000 things to be happy about.

This is the title of a book I have by Barbara Ann Kipper. It was published over 15 years ago. But...every single Happy thing in it...still holds true today.....starting with:
1. A stream-of-consciousness list
2. pajamas at breakfast
3. reed-fringed lagoons
4. the feel of a rug under bare feet
5. seeing the moon rise
6. sweet fresh corn and tender baby green lima beans, drenched with cream
7. the "snuggle right in" feeling
8. a lake catching the last flecks of sunlight coming in over the pines
9. the position of your head as you bite into a taco
10. shadows cast by shudders against shiny white walls

I'll try to post at least 10 things to be happy about every Friday.....(after all... it IS friday) and my BIG thing to be happy about today is......Getting invited to go to the Elton John concert in September at Arco Arena in Sacramento!!!!!!*******************
Please feel free to comment on something that made you VERY...VERY....HAPPY TODAY!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

Wow, only 14,000. She leads a sheltered life. I'm thankful for every morning I wake up and realize I got another day, and I've had close to 22,000 of those alone. How about a count on heart beats or breaths? Yikes. Yes, I'm saying 14,000 is pretty slim. But all my words aside, hers are really quite nice.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

That is such a nice idea. I'll be looking each Friday. Right now I'm still just happy about cooler temperatures! And walking barefoot in the grass.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I am VERY VERY HAPPY today because one of my ATC's is on the opening page of an atc group I became a member of. This and my rediscovered interest in drawing is inspiring me to more and more. I feel really encouraged. I love the idea of that book that you have, and look forward to next Friday's 10. xx

12:31 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Reading your blog made me happy and brought the realization that the simple things like a soft rug under my bare feet do make me happy and I'm glad to be reminded of it.
There's a sentence or two in there!

Elton John! YOU LUCKY GIRL! I envy you :) I wore an Elton John T shirt thread bare in the 70's....still love him! In fact I wore his T shirt in a Gay parade in San Francisco (again in the 70's)...don't ask!!! LOL
Make sure you post about the concert!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea of posting happy things every Friday, I'll be looking forward to reading them all. So far this morning, the thing that's made me happy is waking up to sunshine, a light breeze, NO humidity, and listening to the birds singing outside. Not a bad start to the day! Great blog, too, by the way:)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Lucky you,,Elton John,,love him! Even though its sunday I am happy because I have another day off work,,lol.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License