Thursday, June 08, 2006

Poem for Thursday

Pet Shopping

While shopping at the pet store
I got my fondest wish.
I bought myself a fishbowl
and then a pair of fish.

And since I was already
out shopping at the store
I thought I ought to purchase
another smidgen more.

And so I got a rabbit,
a hamster and a frog,
a gerbil and a turtle,
a parrot and a dog.

I purchased an iguana,
a tortoise and a rat,
an eight-foot anaconda,
a monkey and a cat.

A guinea pig, a gecko,
a ferret and a mouse,
and had them all delivered,
directly to my house.

My sister went berzerko!
She's now installing locks,
because I said her bedroom
would be their litter box! by Kenn Nesbitt

Something fun and lighthearted today....I decided to post a children's poem. I've been taking care of so many animals lately..maybe that's why I picked this particular poem! I usually pick my poems for Thursday depending on the mood I'm in at the time...I feel like tossing all the worries out the door today and just enjoying every little thing I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I love this-so light and fun. It made me smile!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License