Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Weekend...so far....


Guess what!!????? it's raining!! It woke me up this morning..and I could not believe it! Not only is it raining...it's cold! I can't remember the last time it rained over Memorial Day weekend!
Found this photo of Richard Gere in one of my old journals...since I posted a photo of Stevie...thought I'd put this one up also...ummmmm....
Andy and I worked most of the day outside in the garden yesterday...digging for a veggie garden..we went to the nursery and got yellow squash..cucumbers..eggplant and peppers...now we must put up some fence to keep all the critters out of it..I put a pot of eggs on to boil for some deviled eggs...went back out to the garden...and YES...I forgot the eggs...finally Andy says to me..."Didn't you put eggs on"?....I dropped the shovel and ran in the house..but I was too late! The eggs were popping and had exploded all over the kitchen! What a mess..everywhere...all over the floor...stove..yuk! So...I put more eggs on...(did not leave the house until they were done)..and made the deviled eggs...Then last night at dinner (we had hamburgers) I forgot to take them out of the fridge....Geez! We'll have them tonight with the barbequed chicken...(if I remember them).
Today I'm working on an altered book for my Spring Sprite through Artella...and baking a coconut cake...and hope to do some more gardening...I'm enjoying Andy being home for 5 days...Oh YIPPEE!!!! the sun is starting to peek through the clouds...YES!
We found 4 tiny kittens living behind the garage underneath a bunch of old junk...so now Tami and I are on a mission to save the kitties...Mama cat is wild...we've been taking food down to her and trying to get them use to us...I'm going to sneak off in alittle bit with the camera and see if I can get a photo...the hardest part is trying to keep the dogs away from them so Mama cat doesn't get spooked and move them where we can't find them....I'll keep you posted!
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.....don't explode any eggs!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! kittens! I bet they are so cute! maybe you should just let them live wild there, they have the garage for a home! I wanna see em, lol

11:08 AM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Darn that Richard Gere was quite a hottie. Looking forward to seeing the kittens.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License