Friday, May 19, 2006

Books.....

I have so many books that are piled in stacks everywhere waiting for me to read...I decided it was time to start going through them. These are the one's that I have read lately...
"Before women had Wings" by Connie May Fowler...this was okay...about a very abusive family...pretty depressing.
"The Virgin Blue" by Tracy Chevalier....I enjoyed this one...I like her writing and I liked this story.
"White Horses" by Alice Hoffman...I thought this was a very strange book...I didn't like the ending..I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did!
"Salem Falls" by Jodi Picoult...So-So...this was too juvenile for me...I kept "skimming" over the blah...blah....parts! Tell me what you are reading now??? and if you like it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

I love Alice Hoffman-she's one of my favorites. And I have to say, that 'Before Women Had Wings' book, just from your little description, sounds really good...I'll probably have to go out and get that one! Sounds right up my alley-I love watching and observing and reading about people and how their minds work in situations like that...or any situation really. Guess that's why I got my degree in Psychology. Do you watch 'Law & Order-Criminal Intent'? Vincent D'Onofrio's character is my hero! I sooooooooo want to be him and know as much about human psychology as he does! If I could do it all over again, I'd be an FBI profiler! lol! Plus, in my real "career", I was the director of a battered women's shelter, and also did community education on domestic violence.

ANYWAY...I'm not reading anything right now. I bought 'The DaVinci Code' a few weeks ago, hoping to read it before the movie came out but...you know how that goes! lol!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Izabella Blue said...

Thanks for coming over to visit @ my blog! and your lovely comments are always so sweet~

Yes, I love wearing this bracelet~

I loved reading on your sidebar "100 things about me"

xo~Izabella

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License