Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Interesting Photo Challenge


I finally have the photo challenge from Maryellen posted....and quite a challenge it was!
The challenge was to go somewhere with your camera (of course)...easy for me...since my camera is 'glued to me'....stand in one spot...start turning around in a circle and snap photos...(at least 50 of them).....Last Friday I got up super early ..... by 6 am I was standing on Broadway...in the Village Square parking lot. Not a car.... or vehicle.... or person in sight. Nice and cool at this time of the morning which is another reason why I decided to venture out at this early time...
I started to snap photos...you name it...the sky...trees....buildings.....flowers.....kinda dull actually.....THEN the coolest thing happened!!!!! The morning/day actually started to take on a LIFE of it's own....THINGS started to HAPPEN!!!! People started going into Starbucks for coffee...or go for a morning walk....cars were pulling into the McDonalds drive-thru....trucks pulled into the parking-lot...drivers were unloading goods...more people appeared out and about...the light got brighter and brighter...the temp. got warmer and warmer...kids on bikes...more and more cars...my friend who works at Rite-Aid appeared before me...(on her way to work)...she posed in her car for me....more people....when people noticed some fool of a woman standing by her car in the middle of the parking lot taking photos...of God knows what?????? they actually (without doing it on purpose) started to act different...( who knows when you might be on candid camera...or even in the local newspaper) they were posing !!!!!! It was so funny.....their faces went from frown or concentration to smiles....they became much more animated...backs straight...walking with more of a spring in their step.....it really was amazing! I started to notice cracks and tire marks and oil spills in the parking lot...started to hear the "day get louder"....at first I thought..."How in the heck will I be able to take 50 photos"????? It was EASY.....I must have snapped at least 100.....with no problem...I stood in that same spot for almost 2 hours....REALLY...REALLY....having a good time! Here is a collage of just some of my photos....and thanks to Maryellen for the cool and different idea!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

This looks like so much fun! I saw what Annie did in Modesto. If I put my mind to this, I might just go into my woods and see what I can see. Maybe not much would change. But then again, who knows?

Getting up early is the way to do it, Viccance. Reminds me of working graveyard shifts when I worked the road. You saw the town come alive. People began waving at you with ALL their fingers when the sun came up. Ha!

10:40 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is very cool! what a wondeful idea and how fantastic that you had so much fun with it!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

This was fun. I love the early morning, and like Gawpo I used to be up and about in the very early hours. Things have a different feel at that hour, and people are different, then the sun rises and things take on their normal feel.
Great project..

4:12 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

How cool is that. I love the way you described it, you have a way with words and photography. I meant to take my camera downtown with me yesterday and forgot.
xoxooxoxoxoxo

6:50 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Hey, I back from my trip. Sure missed visiting you daily. Love your photo challenge!!!!
Great Poster!!!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

This is great! I had to giggle about how people started to act differently. I think that I will try this challenge.

Loved this!

7:30 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Vicci that was great to read and fun to see....wow.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

I love Gawpo's pet names for people, Viccance. LOL!
Great montage of one spot shots mylady!
Fun thing to do. I must try it!
xo
Blue

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

Love your approach to this Vicci! It is an interesting experience that is for sure. Thanks for joining in on the Challenge. Hope to see you tomorrow.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Giggles said...

I just love the composition you ended up with!! So much color, which I love of course! Great job! I want to do it too, but Pepper took the camera on a holiday…so I have to wait a bit now!

Hugs Sherrie

4:12 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

parking lot puddles.....funny, I never thought of them as beautiful, until now.....

Fun!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Just checkin on ya Viccance!!!
You ol' sweet patato!
xoxo
Blue

9:24 PM  
Blogger Asim Ali said...

The MG ZS typically features a modern and stylish design, with sharp lines and a bold front grille. The design may vary depending on the model year and any facelifts or updates. Also check MG ZS Price in Pakistan

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License