Monday, July 30, 2007

Getting Ready for the "Affaire"......


Good Monday Morning my blogging buds! I have missed all of you! I've just been so terribly busy that I haven't even looked at this computer for days!!!! BUT...I can't stand it any longer! I wrote a really long post this morning....somehow I messed up...and it got deleted.....Grrrrrrr! I hate when that happens! The flowers and veggies are growing like mad.....we've had some squash already....in another day or so we will have tomatoes....eggplant...bell peppers...hot peppers...and cucumbers....along with lots of fresh herbs...I love the fresh bounty of Summer.
I have some errands to run this morning...... will be busy most of the week with getting ready for the Art Affaire this coming weekend. It starts Thursday, Aug. 2nd... and lasts until Sunday the 4th.....Thursday night is the "kick-off" dinner at Tomei's on Main St. in downtown Placerville...Saturday is the trade show (lots of cool vendors)...and the largest exhibition of atc's (artist trading cards)...(my camera will be glued to me).....Sunday I am taking an ancestor's book class from 9am until 2pm.....and Sunday evening close the event with the wine and cheese party at the courtyard cafe.....The photo above is one I clipped out of our local newspaper..."The Mountain Democrat".....some of us got together last Thursday and "posed" making atc's for the article in the newpaper.....it's been a whirlwind of activity ever since...but I'm going to squeeze in some reading time for my fav blogs.....Stay tuned for a cool post that was a photo challenge from Maryellen....I did the challenge last friday but I'm still working on the photos....the concept turned out to be a very interesting one! XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO
WELCOME HOME to my buds......Sheila...Blue.....from Cuba.....and Catherine from Italy! :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Vicci, are you in that photo? If so, which one?

Hey! Stop it with all those vegetables! I'm a vegan and now my mouth is watering and it's 90 minutes before dinner! :)

Can't wait to see your photo challenge!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Look at you - you're a local celeb now - you better go to the Faire with your shades on. LOL! I know you're going to have a great time, I'll be curious to hear how many people they get up there. I couldn't really find a class that spoke to me and you know me and driving that far...then G would have to go too and he'd be bored...well you get the picture.
Love the chair you painted below, isn't that fun to do? I painted my friends daughters dresser when she was little.(as in designs). AND what fabulous gifts from our DEAR and wONDERFUL Sheila!! Your birthday isn't over YET you know!!hehee
Love ya sistah.
XOXO
Lisa

5:57 PM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

The garden sounds delish! And gee I'd love to look in on your Art Affaire! Sounds wonderful!

8:37 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Busy woman...the art affaire sounds cool and so do your veggies...sandy

10:50 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

So yummy! Lots of work if you have to freeze and can things!! Summer can be so busy....that art fair sounds like a hoot!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Hugs Sherrie

3:10 AM  
Blogger kansasrose said...

Oh your garden sounds great! I am hungry now. Are you canning and freezing? The photo challenge sounds fun! ps my corn is over 6 ft now since we got rain. I'm stoked!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License