Friday, June 01, 2007

Round Robin Altered Book Swap



I'm almost ready to mail the altered book that I've done....I'm mailing it out on Monday to Patti....The theme on this one is "shapes"...I picked squares/rectangles/ and triangles.....this is a round robin with the girls from "Arty Aspects".....I used all kinds of paper, fabric, and embellishments. I'm going to work on another journal this weekend......Hope everyone has a EXCELLENT weekend....oh! before I forget...remember the corn on the cob (elote) recipe that I posted for memorial Day weekend....I finally made it last night...and it is excellent! I found the cheese (coitija) at a Mexican market...it comes in a big round and they cut how ever much you want off in wedges...it's very similar to our parmesan cheese...so if you wanted to substitute it would be fine. Give it a try.....I think you will be surprised.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

This book is amazing. And so are you. The person who receives this will be blown away.
Have a great weekend sweetie..
love ya...!
xx

10:35 AM  
Blogger Gill said...

Dear lord you are talented!!!!!!!
I will make the corn soon too. I will look for the cheese.
xoxo
Peanut butter cookies tonight, had no time last night.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Wow! That seems to be my word today, but wow! That is some journal. Wow!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Those journals are fabulous!!Wow you are something else dear friend!!

The recipe sounds good! Will try the peanut cookies too! Still can't believe 3 ingred.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

I will try that corn!

5:13 PM  
Blogger creativelenna said...

This cover is soooo gorgeous, vicci! WOW!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Pretty journal, Girlie,,like I always say,,I LOVE YOUR ART!!! Lucky Patti!!! Have a lovely week-end!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Is there truly anything you cannot do? I am constantly amazed!!! This is beautiful!
Stopping in to send you love and hugs my sweet friend! Catching up little by little.
Maybe next week we can have a chat!
I will have to go back and look at the recipes...G's the cook so he may want to try the corn one!
XOXOXOXOXO
Love,
Lisa

7:20 PM  
Blogger Princess Banter said...

OMG -- so pretty!!! Talented you are!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicci.......this book is absolutely stunning. Love all the layers and pretty vintagy colors.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License