Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Morning



I've been busy out in the yard...and in the studio....the weather is PERFECT!!!! Ty has been with me all week...Ty..her Mom and Dad all went to Yosemite today...I am babysitting their cats and Bella....I'm picking Andy up from work early...he has a smog appt....but...before I do I'm making a stop at the thrift store....and....I found an old book of poetry this morning.....I'll share this one with you....
Welcome Morning

There is joy
in all.
in the hair I brush each morning,
in the Cannon towel, newly washed,
that I rub my body with each morning,
in the chapel of eggs I cook
each morning,
in the outcry from the kettle
that heats my coffee
each morning,
in the spoon and the chair
that cry "hello there, Vicci".
each morning,
in the godhead of the table
that I set my silver, plate, cup apon
each morning.

All this is God,
right here in my burgundy house
each morning
and I mean,
though often forget,
to give thanks,
to faint down by the kitchen table
in a prayer of rejoicing
as the holy birds at the kitchen window
peck into their marriage seeds,
So while I think of it,
let me paint a thank-you on my palm
for this God, this laughter of the morning,
lest it go unspoken.
The joy that isn't shared, I've heard,
dies young.
............Anne Sexton

This sums it up for me on this beautiful Friday morning.....

9 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

oh vicci...loved the post and the poem...just great..sandy

10:38 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

love the poem....my husband dies three years ago.. he has a brain tumour...
Barbara

2:32 PM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

You have such a beautiful world around you! I just love seeing it and hearing the "found" poetry. :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Wowzers Vicci! Beautiful words, beautiful photos of your garden. I adore you! Have a great weekend honey bun!
xoxo
Big hugs to Ty!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

It poured down rain all day here, Vicci.

I need a Cannon towel. And maybe a little more of that beautiful poem's outlook on life.

Hugs from Oregon, too.

XO

9:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Beautiful poem, with beautiful photos from a beautiful person!!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

2:49 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Ahhh! Sigh! Breathe!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Betzie said...

Hi,
Enjoyed visiting...lovely pics and the poem is just what I needed this morning. Thankx!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

What a beautiful poem Vicci! Welcoming words for a Friday morning. That is j0y!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License